1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod Chip Question

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Mudvayne, Apr 12, 2003.

1. Mudvayne

Mudvayne Guest

OK, I am looking to buy either the X-ecuter 2 Pro, or the X-ecuter 2 Lite. I was wondering how hard it is to flash the bios on the X2P. All i really want the Mod chip, is to play imports and backups. I was leaning towards the X2P, because of the external programmer, and the switches. But i really am not going to program much, except for flashing the bios. So should i go with the X2 Lite. And can i put a switch on the Lite? THanks for all of your HELP!

2. ridah100

ridah100 Member

If you want to just play backups, then i would lean towards the x2l, with the x2l you can flash the chip thru evox, and yes you can put a switch to turn it off/on as well.

3. Mudvayne

Mudvayne Guest

How hard is it to flash the BIOS if i were to get a X2P??? Is the process pretty straight forward?? And would i have to put Evox on my machine? Thanks!!!

4. ridah100

ridah100 Member

wit the x2p what's included is an xternal programmer, i believe with the x2p you don't get a bios, so you'll have to use the xternal programmer to get a bios in the chip.

Once you got that, i think you can flash thru evox afterwards, but if there's a bad flash, you would be able to recover, cuz you got the xternal programmer. I dunno the process of flashing thru the programmer, cuz i got a x2l so i dunno if it's hard/easy.

Yes, installing evox would be a good, or some other dashboard.