1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod chip unnecessary?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by xxpc210, Dec 29, 2004.

1. xxpc210

xxpc210 Guest

Is there anyway to burn A PS2 game and have it play w/o a modchip or a swap magic disc or hd.?

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Only way is with an industrial disc press which cost thousands, itll have to be one of the boot methods i'm afraid.

3. xxpc210

xxpc210 Guest

damn it

4. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

xxpc210 go ahead and buy the real swap magic disk it is only $20.00 dollers for the set and shipping is $3.00.

5. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Member

The swap magic 3 pays for itself in one use and a pack of 50 DVD's pays for itself in two uses.

6. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

you can probably burn a swap magic disk. you know it wont read your ps2

7. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Member

Even if you could burn a swapmagic disc, you'd still need the slide card to open and close the CD tray.

8. Mike98765

Mike98765 Member

xxpc210: i have tried many times before to boot up a backup ps2 game without usig either swap magic or modchip. No luck. I have tried every possible way and have wasted many countless hours and cdrs. Swap magic is cheap and dont have to worry about intalling.

9. andrewrey

andrewrey Member

You can just buy the Swap Magic disks if you feel you're either able to make a bit of plastic of similar design, or whether you feel like jamming objects into your PS2 causing the drive to open. (Basically what the Slide Card does).

All depends on how cheap your willing to be - and how much effort you want to put into it, I can give you exact sizes and scans of the swipe card if you feel you could make your own.

10. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

PS2 *CD* based games using an *Original* Gameshark and a Slide/Swipe Card or Flip Top will boot/work. But Swap Magic will do all...