1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod Chip? Which One?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by mcsincnj, Mar 4, 2005.

1. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Of course I'm going to say TeamXodus baby!!! Xenium Ice all the way...I love it.

2. Kain462

Kain462 Member

I have my xbox modded and i have been told that you can copy games to your xbox. Like putting it in your xbox and copying it to your hd. is this true or is someone yanking my chain?

Kain

3. mickrick

mickrick Member

Hmmmm... A touchy subject.

Yes, in theory an Xbox game CAN be "ripped", ie all files on the disc extracted, from the disc to the HDD of your Xbox for ease of use, faster loading times etc.

This only applies to discs you own personally, though.

4. tipotip

tipotip Member

"mickrick

Just as a matter of interest, why would "going with any other chip" probably be a waste of time?"

well mickrick the reason is because there is no other mod chip available at the moment that offers everything the xenium does. Some chips try but they dont even get close. Im not bashing other chips btw. I just speek of my personal experiance. I have also installed x3 chips and to be honest they are not user friendly at all. Xenium is by far a superior modchip ;-)

5. mickrick

mickrick Member

That is, of course, your opinion which you are perfectly entitled to.

However, there are thousands of X3 (and other modchip users) who swear by the mod they have, myself included. And because you cannot understand how an X3 works does not make it user-unfriendly. I have only had my Xbox a matter of weeks and I installed the X3 a couple of days after I got it and have had no problems at all getting it to work or getting to grips with it's features. I'm sure that there are many thousands more like me as well.

You made a sweeping generalisation by saying any other modchips were a waste of time and it was uncalled for.

Please stop scaremongering.

6. leggit123

leggit123 Member

Do you think this is a good deal or am i being ripped off

also if there is a copy of a game on the hard drive is it possible to play on line undetected

(this is the very latest xbox fitted with an executer 3 modchip , executer 3 front control panel and lcd , 2 usb ports for using keyboard mouse etc.... and switch for playing xbox live....
    basically turns xbox into multi media centre pc as well as being an xbox.
    i have one of these and they are superb........

price - £220 plus postage

then add any hdd size you wish at these prices -

250 gig - £100
    300 gig - £135

7. mickrick

mickrick Member

Well lets see...

Basic Xbox, 1 controller - £99.99

X3CE combo inc control panel & screen - £69.99 + vat and delivery from Bald Bouncer.

8. leggit123

leggit123 Member

Thank! But does this include switch on front and usb ports (do I really need them) plus all the trouble
    But is it right that with this set up, if ive backed up a game on the hard drive i can play on line with this game.
    See i don’t understand surly xlive will detect the large h.d.
    Where does the switch come in?

9. N_u_n_y_a

N_u_n_y_a Guest

I was recently looking into buying a mod chip for my xbox and was looking at the x bit chip but couldn't find much info on it or if it was worth buying could someone please get back to me please.

Thanx S.

10. mickrick

mickrick Member

Leggitt

Yes, this includes the full kit that you would be buying, including the lcd screen, usb sockets etc.

And no, you cannot play ANY backed-up game on Live with ANY modchip. It is not the hdd that is the problem, Live also checks for the digital signing that is present on all original gamesbut not on backups. The hdd only comes into play where the original (or another replacement) has already been registered by Live and you get banned for using a different hdd.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  11. richo_3

richo_3 Member

i would not get the xbit cos i did and still cant get it to work , the software DMS provide dont work so u can flash a bios.
    in the end i got a executer 3 lite and its perfect, its simple to install and works great
    so after a bad experience with the xbit i say go with any of the executers

12. baxbox

baxbox Member

i have a spider chip and i dont get any of it i had the dashboard come on but it went away and i cant load bios or iso and then there id=s a cd everyone is talking about i cant find it or download it to a disc to work on my xbox

13. richo_3

richo_3 Member

dont no anything about a id disk
    boot disk maybe
    i duno, dont matter for me anyway cos my exexcuter is fine