1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod Chips and their Differences

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by prpl_haZe, Jan 27, 2005.

1. prpl_haZe

prpl_haZe Member

Speaking only of solder-in mod chips, I noticed that there are several types of them.

Why would/should someone spend $69 on a 'DMS4 Pro' when they can spend $29 on an 'Apollo 7', or $49 on a 'DMS3 Plus'?

Sorry to be stupid here, but other than making sure the chip you buy is compatible with your particular console version, what are the differences?

2. superstui

superstui Regular member

you get what you pay for.

3. prpl_haZe

prpl_haZe Member

I realize that, but there must be some difference, otherwise there'd be no market for that many. i.e. can some games not be loaded with the cheaper chips, or do they not last as long, or are there more wires to solder etc.... I'd appreciate a little information.

-peace

4. prpl_haZe

prpl_haZe Member

Has anyone tried a couple of different mod-chips / or mod processes that could compare them one to one?

Thanks again all,
    -haZe

5. superstui

superstui Regular member

i tried to solder a magic V 50k and I ended up frying my PS2. Not cause the chip was bad, just cause it is EXTREMLY hard to solder mods in general.