1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOD CHIPS

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PS2MANIAC, Dec 22, 2004.

1. PS2MANIAC

PS2MANIAC Member

I was talking about mod chips and where you can get them you can try to get them off of ebay or you can get them off some england site called mod www.modchipstore.com if you need any more info write me back talk to you later

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

When you reply to a thread you need to click 'REPLY' not 'START A NEW THREAD'.

3. PS2MANIAC

PS2MANIAC Member

k thanks for the advice sry bout that

4. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

No problem.

5. xxpc210

xxpc210 Guest

Alright, PS2MANIAC You know nothing ok. How do you install a mod chip? Where did you hear those sites was it from a friend? What about solderless how much are they where can i get them?

6. PS2MANIAC

PS2MANIAC Member

wow danny you had to come in here and just bitch me out for alot of fun well it worked you pissed me off and now you can leave me alone lol

7. jr_nos04

jr_nos04 Guest

Is online the only place you can get mod chips?

8. PS2MANIAC

PS2MANIAC Member

yeah pretty much unless you want to go to europe or somethiin if you r getting a mod chip unlees you know how to soder really well i would go with the soderless mod chip if you need more assitance on this subject write again

9. xxpc210

xxpc210 Guest

Technically, PS2 MANIAC IS wrong. You don't need a mod chip you can use a internal hard disc drive available online as well or online a swap magic disc.

which PS2MANIAC doesnt know the concept of a Swap Magic disc. Do you Mike?

10. penguin77

penguin77 Member

depends where u live

11. PS2MANIAC

PS2MANIAC Member

no danny i suppose i dont know why dont u tell these fine people here what to really do and then i will talk to you later aboout really the right thing is todo since you think everythiing i say is wrong tell them come duden tell them LOL

12. xxpc210

xxpc210 Guest

Well see the concept is you can laod up the swap magic disc and make it temporarily think it has a mod chip and the Swap it with ur burned disc hence the name "Swap Magic"

THANX MIKE

13. PS2MANIAC

PS2MANIAC Member

ok that is right and i want top congratulate danny on a wonderful performance on his stunmning article and danny why dont you tell the people at home why we do things like this because i want you to tell them since you r such a smart person go on danny fire away

14. penguin77

penguin77 Member

wtf u guys talking about

15. penguin77

penguin77 Member

wtf u guys talking about

16. jr_nos04

jr_nos04 Guest

Could you tell me the difference between solderless modchips and solder modchips performance wise or which one is better or is solderless just easier to hook up?

17. PS2MANIAC

PS2MANIAC Member

it doesnt really matter which one is better but the soderless mod chip is easy to install it just pops right in to the back of the ps2 no problem but the one that you have to soder it takes a long time you have to soder in about 20 to 25 teeth in there and it is a real pain in the ass so you are better off going with the one that you dont have to soder aand if you need any more in fo on this leave another message

18. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

It DOES matter which is better, that would be the whole point. I hear bad things about solderless modchips that users have alot of problems booting back ups with them, most of the latest solder modchips are autoboot, meaning once they are fitted you just forget about them and they'll boot anything automatically. If the solderless chips were any good, do you think there would be such a strong market for solder chips?

19. PS2MANIAC

PS2MANIAC Member

dude the point was he wanted to know which one is easier to install so dont get your panies in a wad about it i mean god