1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod Firmware & Xbox LIVE

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by backyboy, Jul 4, 2007.

1. backyboy

backyboy Member

Hi All

I have the spring update on my 360, it was flashed with the FW hack but I changed it back before the update was installed. Im thinking of putting the FW hack back on the 360, it has the Hitachi drive so I know theres no Xbox LIVE compatable hack but my question is:-
    If my 360 has the spring update and I install the xtreme FW hack but dont connect to xbox live, and then revert back to original FW for Halo 3 does the console have some sort of internal memory that will fire an alert to Microsoft and get me banned because of playing copied games.......Even though they wont be played on LIVE???

Hope it makes sense, Cheers

2. backyboy

backyboy Member

Come on....... Can I update my Hitachi and not connect to the internet and then revert back to original FW to play Halo 3 when it arrives or is there something in the spring update that logs this info and gets me smacked off the xbox live aerver when I reconnect??????????

3. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

people have different theories about this.

to be safe: when you revert to orginal FW to play orginal HALO3- wipe your drive, then you will be safe 100%

4. backyboy

backyboy Member

wipe the 20gig hard drive????

5. r1cht3a

r1cht3a Member

Wipe it like you wipe your bum.

6. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

what'll wiping the harddrive do or prevent?

to my knowledge, nothing on the harddrive will get you banned, neither is there anything checked up the hdd-serial.

look here are the remote check logs from xboxlive:

http://www.xbins.org/xblive/

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  7. stasphere

stasphere Guest

Wipeing your hard drive is a waste of time. It will accomplish nothing. Check Xbox-Scene You might be suprised what you might find :)

8. theridges

theridges Guest

who knows the iXtreme for the Hitachi's Came out so you can go ahead and take your chance like me :)
    i just reflashed mine today went very smooth played on live for about 40 minutes and got back on a couple of hours later no prob here :)

9. r1cht3a

r1cht3a Member

As long as you only play originals online you will be ok. The mods are only detectable when playing back-ups online. So play backups all day off-line and originals on-line if they start to ban again but I think you will be ok for quite a few months now. I'm off to fly my kite.

10. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

wiping the hdd has nothing to do with anything. dont do it unless you want to lose everything on it.
    the banning of the console has nothing to do with the hard drive so formating it does nothing.

11. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

I thought i heard about somepeople getting banned for having dodgy stuff on their HDD, like game saves or doing the Forza money glitch. so they must be able to check HDD as well.