1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod goes wrong

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by fraincs, Apr 10, 2007.

1. fraincs

fraincs Member

I was installing XBMC on my xbox using an auto installer deluxe, first thing ive done was to format my hard drive since the past owner of the xbox had put lots of useless stuff and i wanted my xbox to be clear from that things (evoX, unleash x and many other things not very well organised in the folders) to make a short story i was installing XBMC and it bugged at 29% without any reason and now my xbox is bugged, wont load auto installer deluxe again etc, what should i do, the seller told me it had a chip on it, so is there any way to recover that.

ftp my xbox and install something? i have a dashboard on my laptop, can i unzip it and ftp it to my xbox, i am a bit lost and if someone already asked the question im sorry havent found any similar question on the forum thank you

2. theridges

theridges Guest

usually if it has a chip then it should overwrite the original bios and boot the Autoinstaller Disc....

3. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

u should have used slayer 2.7 cause that was made for hard modded xbox and AID was made for softmods.

4. fraincs

fraincs Member

so you are saying that using slayer 2.7 the xbox should load the dvd and load into a menu? i will get slayer 2.7 and see if it boots, any way i can make sure the seller didnt told me there was a chip and theres not by opening my xbox? thanks a lot

5. theridges

theridges Guest

what are you talking about???
    AID wasn't made for softmods only they do the same exact thing they install apps/dashboards without FTP.....

like i said earlier you probably have a softmod because if you have a chip it would load AID....

6. fraincs

fraincs Member

can i ftp it then? or try to load with slayer 2.7...

its an used xbox and i might got a soft modded one instead of a hard modded like the guy told me and hes not replaying any of my emails

or a friend of mine have a backup of his xbox, before modding it, can i use that?

7. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

you can use his backups as long as you dont take is eeprom because each xbox has its own different one...(i have actually used my friends backups of his c: and e: drive.)

and to theridges i never said that they wouldnt perform on the others im just saying its more compatible. geez im using slayer 2.7 on my soft mod...im not saying it will mess everything up.

8. fraincs

fraincs Member

well i dont have a eeprom, i think or maybe its not been erased, so i guess if its not been erased i take his, and he only have C as a backup not the E...

9. theridges

theridges Guest

if you deleted the E and C then you will have to hotswap and another persons E and C back to your HD....
    when you turn your xbox on Does it boot??
    if so what does it show...

10. fraincs

fraincs Member

theres the xbox logo, and the animation then ERROR 13

well im not 100% sure i dont have a chip since ive been told it was hard modded, but i understand that if theres no chip i need a hot swap.

11. fraincs

fraincs Member

or install a chip? its theres none. is it a decent solution!

12. fraincs

fraincs Member

UPDATE : I finally reached the seller, he wasnt answer me cause he was in jail for the last weeks!!!

he assure me its hard modded, ive found Slayer 2.7, i will burn the iso on a dvd and see what happens!

13. theridges

theridges Guest

must be an old chip or old bios because new bios's will boot over error 13....

14. fraincs

fraincs Member

i dont know if its an old chip but the xbox has been bought last summer. its a crystal edition.

15. theridges

theridges Guest

tell us if the slayers works hopefully it will :)

16. fraincs

fraincs Member

doesnt seems to work, same error.

I managed to talk to the guy who installed the chip, and he we are planning to meet and make it work this week end. he seems to know what he is talking about (hope so cause i undersand xbox modding overall but not in every details)

17. fraincs

fraincs Member

Hi guys, i suddenly searched on the internet for my error code wich is 13 and found a post on this forum talking about hot swap, and realised its what i should need, i understand the principle of hot swap, my friend does have a xbox, and a computer(i only own a laptop) so technically i can hot swap my xbox using his computer, and ftp his C and E on his computer then ftp it on mine. and Voila!

the thread im refering to : http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/332766

18. theridges

theridges Guest

yea i already said that a hotswap would fix your problem :)
    it can be tricky but it will fix the error :)

19. fraincs

fraincs Member

thanks it doesnt seems that tricky, sounds like fun even :D i like to solve problems.so basically if i dont have my eeprom i can make a perfect image of my friends xbox, and im basically done. i didnt want to ask my friend cause i tought we had to mess with his xbox but since its safe with his computer im going to go for that option instead of believeing that guy who told me he had to replace my xbox chip(the microsoft one) for like 100$ screw him !!

20. fraincs

fraincs Member

just did a test, i can run original games! and i see the microsoft white logo when i start my xbox, got mhackxbox rar file it contains folders 3 and 4 its c and e indeed. is it a good file it seems to contain more stuff nes roms, xbmc etc :)