1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod Halo 2 With 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Trevo4311, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Trevo4311

Trevo4311 Guest

I was wondering...
    I'm thinking about buying this product called Xport...
    It allows you to take files from your pc and put them on your hard drive and memory card.
    If i took my Halo 2 maps and replaced them with modded maps would i be able to play the modded maps on Halo 2?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
  2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

yes that should work. but you sont need the xport. you can take your hard drive apart and hook it up to sata ports in your computer then just transfer your files. also you should play those on live you will get banned

3. Trevo4311

Trevo4311 Guest

Ok wel i can just make a new account on live so my main account won't get banned... Or... do they ban your console? and im not very interested in taking apart my hard drive... to much work... and im not very technical...
    And Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
  4. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

you console will get banned. so if you want to play again you would have to buy a new console. and if you are going to mode on live stick to custom games. i just cant stand it when people mod matchmaking. it is so stupid.

5. Trevo4311

Trevo4311 Guest

yeah i hate it too i wasn't planning on MM.
    but if i only mod custom games will i get Matchmade banned?

6. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

you shouldnt get banned when you mod custom games. they catch you when you enter match making. but im not sure because they did come out with a new update. so be carefull

7. Trevo4311

Trevo4311 Guest

Alright. I'll probally just buy a memory card and put all the mods on that so i don't have to switch my maps everytime when i wanna do matchmaking...

8. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

that wont work.the maps have to be on the hard drive in the correct folder. you will have to change the maps every time you want to play mm

9. Trevo4311

Trevo4311 Guest

Oh that sucks... oh well I guess I'll just have to deal with it then... Alright I guess thats all the help I'll need.
    Thanks!

10. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

your console will NOT get banned.. you will only be banned from matchmaking in halo 2

like i have done multiple times. in the old days it was fun to mod halo 2 on mm, people screaming at you gheh... it's kinda sad, but really fun as well.

unfortunatly if you want to go on live with halo 2 modded maps, you'll get kicked from the party instant... so you're not even able to play modded maps (unless custom party)
    and then within 6 hours they'll have your gamertag banned from halo 2 matchmaking :)

11. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

Exactly, don't believe the myth of "Playing custom games you don't get banned." Unfortunately, yeah, you still will be banned. I put some mods on for some "friends" and they told me I wouldn't be banned. Christ, what douchefaces.

12. Trevo4311

Trevo4311 Guest

ok but will i get banned or my gamertag?

13. Trevo4311

Trevo4311 Guest

Ok say i make a copy of my Gamertag on my pc.
    And then i some how end up getting banned on XBL.
    if i take my backup gamertag will i be able to use that to go on XBL?

14. Trevo4311

Trevo4311 Guest

15. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

what do you mean take a copy of your gamertag?

you'll get banned and need to create another xbox live account if you want to play halo 2 again.You will still be able to use xbox live as its only bungie that ban you.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  16. Trevo4311

Trevo4311 Guest

if i make a new account will i still be able to play matchmaking?
    and by making a copy of my gamertag i mean:
    connect my Harddrive to my pc and make a copy of my gamertag on my pc.