1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOD help, slim design, v12

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mike14p, Nov 18, 2004.

1. mike14p

mike14p Member

Hi, I'm new to this whole mod thing so please bare with me. I have recently purchased a slim design V12 PS2 model. I would like to be able to play backup copies of my games but don't really want to take apart my case and really don't want to super glue anything inside like some other posts suggest. Is there a way for me to be able to play my backups without opening my case and install a MOD or am I screwed? I'm not sure if swap magic even works with this. Any any and all help would be apppreciated. Thanks,
    Mike

2. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Right first of all, swap magic can be used with v12 but you have to take the top of the ps2 and tape down 2 sensors for the door.
    There is a usb hardrive package coming out soon which allows you to plug a usb hardrive into your ps2 and using the disc save the games onto it and play them from the hardrive. This would speed up loading times aswell. it's due to come out in a few weeks this is the way to go if you don't want to open your ps2.

3. mike14p

mike14p Member

Awesome, that sounds kick ass. Is this something you think will be available on modchip.com?

Thanks

4. mp1434

mp1434 Member

would u be able to play downloaded ps2 backups and tht new USB hard drive?

5. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

I;m not entirely sure about what it will be able to do and where you can buy it http://ps2ownz.com is making it and say development is going well so check their for updates.

6. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

Hi, I was just about ready to get a SLimline ps2 premod with maxtrix infinity chip from ps2warehouse.com . But i might not, b/c i searched the forums and found out the the slimline ps2 is have laser problems and it's bad b/c everything is so close together, and that i would just be better of with an original PS2. Any thoughts? Thanks. Also does anyone have any feedback on whether ps2warehouse or xmodd is reliable. Billz has been very helpful. THanks.

7. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

Oh and does it matter which version ps2 i get? I use dvd-r.

8. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

I have been seaching a lot of forums and i've seen that there has been a lot problems with the lasers on the slime pstwo. I think im going to get the original ps2 premod with maxtrix infinity chip. I'm going to get it from xmodd. I figure the original ps2 is reliable, xmodd.com is reliable, and the maxtrix infinity is a great chip and reliable. Any thoughts? Is this the best way to go? Thanks for the help!

9. rustyfanz

rustyfanz Guest

just to tell you, i wouldn't get a mod chip. theres a new swap thing coming out, like V3.3 or something but to make a long story short, my dad is awesome at soldering, so i had him try putting in a mod. he only got like 8 connections done in 2 months. i then took it to some guy who does that stuff for a living and he couldn't do it either. so after a while, i had to fix many of the problems cuased by trying to install the mod and now, it runs fine but can't load/save anything so i'm gonna have to get a new ps2. sucks ass. dont get a mod!

10. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

the slim ps2 does not have to be moded to play backups

11. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

We'll I was looking to get a premod...but i heard the lasers were burning out fast.

12. crashxx

crashxx Member

What do you mean you dont have to modd a slimline to play backups???

13. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

If you don't install a modchip, then you still need to tape down the 2 sensors inside the pstwo in order to use the swap method, as of now.

14. rafer11

rafer11 Member

You can mod your slimline without taking off the cover and voiding the warranty. www.swapmagic3.com

15. crashxx

crashxx Member

You can modd your slimeline PS2 with out removing the warranty sticker. If you remove all the screws and fold the lid to the back, the sticker will act like a hinge but won't come off. I just did mine this way. I'm puting a DMS4Pro in it and should be done in a day or so. I also plan on doning the laser fix the can be found on www.console.com I'll let you all know how it works.

16. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I checked out the swapmagic.com's fix for the swapmagic disks to work. You're right, you don't have to open the pstwo up. But, i still suggest opening it, without breaking the warranty, and taping the 2 internal switches over their method of cutting a straw and rolling tissue to stuff in the holes. Mine's been taped down for over a month and it's still fine.