1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod installation in los angeles? -still in need-

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by doduhdew, May 23, 2007.

1. doduhdew

doduhdew Member

hi. i've been looking forever for a modchip installer in los angeles area. i even put a post in craig's list and no luck. does anyone knnow any game shop or person who can install modchip in los angeles or orange county area? thank you so much.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Go to Teammodders.com. I forget exactly where in CA he is but they have an installer with a screen name of Davbere who is in CA. You would of course have to ship it to him but he does a great job. He does all my work when i need something.

3. doduhdew

doduhdew Member

i already sent them an inquiry two days ago but got no reply from them. now, i don't feel comfortable sending them my console. i would like to do walk-in if possible.

4. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Im in the same situtation as you brotha. I live very close to them (this Davbere lives in canoga park) and i wanted to go there so they would mod my PS2. So it was a long process of which modchip is should get, and then contacting Davbere, and then registering the forums so i could contact Davbere, but he never answered.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

It takes a few days sometimes. They are a site like this so it is something they do to help the community. Not their main job.
    Did you PM him directly? He is on my MSN so if you are still looking i can try and help you. They do a great job and stand behond their work. You can go elsewhere if you like and just risk it. Up to you really. But i am a moderator on their site so i may be able to get you an answer ASAP.

6. doduhdew

doduhdew Member

yes, i am still looking for a professional installer. if it's okay, please pm me with that guys messenger id. thank you.

7. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

HE REPLIED, HE REPLIED!

He said:

''Hello,

yes you may.
    I am available evenenings and weekends.

Let me know when you'd like to come over. Also please provide a number and I'll call you .

Regards,

David. ''

8. doduhdew

doduhdew Member

thank you so much for your help.

here's my cell#

andy

edit:

i guess it's not allowed to post any phone numbers.

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  9. djscoop

djscoop Active member

edit your phone number out as per forum rules please...

send me a PM and I'll hook you up...I live in Hell A

10. doduhdew

doduhdew Member

hey, djscoop.

you call l.a. "hell a"??? that sounds horrible. hehe. anyways, i sent you pm with my number.

11. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, i wrote a post in the moderators section letting them know people needed to get timely responses or they would get a bad reputation. So hopefully they saw it and responded to the people who needed answers. But people have to realize that it is a side job for them on top of their real job, so it does take some time to get an answer to everyone when you doing at least one console a day.

12. doduhdew

doduhdew Member

i thought these people do this for living. i will be patient and wait for their phone call.

13. steimy

steimy Active member

No the site was formed by a bunch of Afterdawn senior members (like myself). It is a site like this except they offer modding service which is done by their members at a fair price. It is a business for sure. But they also work regular jobs to pay the bills. Modding consoles for $50 each isn't going to pay the bills unless you are doing 8-10 per day. A lot for one person.
    But they have started to add more on as the owner has just purchased a gaming shop so now they have an online store for some limited products. Which should soon turn into a lot more.

But expecting a fast response is normal, i know i would expect an answer within a day or two if i made a request. Which is why i brought it to their attention as soon as i saw this post.

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  14. SaxTH

SaxTH Member

You've probably already found someone to help you out, but in case you haven't, I'm a mod installer in Los Angeles. I'm located in the Hollywood area, my prices are $35 for an install if you have a chip, or I can install a genuine Wiikey or Wiinja of my own stock for $80 flat. All my installs come with a 3 month (90 day) warranty. Please email me if you or anyone else is interested. Installs only take 30-45 minutes and you're free to sit and watch or kill time testing backups on my own system. Please email me at wiimodwiis@gmail.com as I do not normally visit this site as much as others, thanks again,

Troy
    wiimodwiis@gmail.com

15. doduhdew

doduhdew Member

saxth,

i just sent you an email with my phone number.

16. SaxTH

SaxTH Member

I haven't recieved it yet, but I may in a few hours or so, if not I'll come back and PM you or reply on this, talk to you later,

Best,
    Troy
    wiimodwiis@gmail.com

17. doduhdew

doduhdew Member

i sent you a pm with my number just in case.

18. doduhdew

doduhdew Member

Troy says he hasn't installed modchop for ps2 for awhile. can anyone else help? i have a long weekend coming and i was hoping to get my system chipped before then.

19. doduhdew

doduhdew Member

andyone?

20. steimy

steimy Active member

Go to Teammodders.com
    PM the user Team Modder, the owner of the site
    He check in every day.