1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod my psp?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jiadi, Oct 6, 2007.

1. jiadi

jiadi Member

is there anybody in melbourne that is willing to mod my psp for a fee?

i will be getting my psp slim very soon and i wish to mod it

im not sure if im using the right term when i say mod but...but i want to be able to play games that i downloaded and people transfer to me from their psp

2. guano

guano Regular member

I recommend you do it yourself. I only say this b/c it really limits the chance of you getting scammed on your new PSP slim. What if someone offers to help you, takes the "fee" you were willing to pay and KEEPS your PSP slim, only to disappear w/ everything? Dark_AleX has made it so easy to modify a PSP now, it's incredible. If you have a (PSP fat) battery, you can convert it to allow you to install custom firmware on your Slim, and then you'll be able to play downloaded games. If you don't have another battery, buy one and convert it. Additionally, if you do it yourself, you won't have to get the PSP and then be without it again. The anticipation of waiting for it to begin with is enough, but sending it right back off once you get it would be awful, you know? I'm going throught the same thing right now, but I've been waiting almost 2 weeks. :/ Ceramic White PSP Slim on the way. :)

3. jiadi

jiadi Member

hmmm...thx for the reply man

the only reason i want someone else to do it is cause ive been hearing scary stories about 'bricking' ur psp and nver being able to use it again

and im gonna be buying a psp slim and nothign else...i dont even know what it comes with because im getting a friend to buy it for me

heres the link http://www.ebgames.com.au/PSP/product.cfm?ID=8050

its the $307 deal

i woudlnt mind doing it myself if thres a 100% chance that it can be fixed

4. guano

guano Regular member

There is a 100% chance you will be able to unbrick it if you did in fact brick it while trying to install custom firmware.

I just looked at that link... you sure you want a black one? :/ You'll be able to see fingerprints on it and everything... Up to you, but you could get a different colour for roughly the same price. I got a white one for 235.00 shipped.

5. guano

guano Regular member

6. jiadi

jiadi Member

lol yea im sure that there are quite a few ppl that have bricked their slims and been able to unbrick it...cause the only thing i worry about is bricking and wasting 300$ but if i can definately unbrick it then ill try to do the mod it myself...

yea my fren also syas to not get a black 1...is it really that bad?

also...if i do decide to mod it myself....do i really need

1. a fat psp
    2. spare battery
    3. spare mem stick

cheers

7. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

yes, click here for all the info you need on a pandora battery.

8. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Well, if you can't get your hands on a Fat custom firmware (or 1.50) PSP then you can modify the battery without it.

This involves opening up the Fat battery and de-soldering one of the pins to a certain chip, there's a guide on how to do it here on afterdawn, complete with pictures. Sony have now started changing the "hardware" of the battery so it won't work, so you might have to find a used battery.

If you can however find a friend (Or at least someone you trust) with a 1.50/custom firmware Fat PSP, then they can run a program on their PSP that will "software mod" the battery to do the same job as if you'd de-soldered that pin, and this was it's easier, and can be changed back to normal more easily.

In answer to needing another memory card: All you need is a card that is 128MB or higher, after you've used it as a Pandora memory stick you can just format it and use it as normal.

9. jiadi

jiadi Member

cheers fellas...i owe u guys 1

10. krayz13

krayz13 Member

Hey i had the same problem.... well jus like he said dont risk it getting scammed.... the only way u learn is to read i learn how to mod a xbox psp halo gamecube and all dat.... jus read and follow steps carfully

ok so follow steps CARFULLY