1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod PSP 3.03

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by locobrown, Jul 12, 2007.

1. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

I am new to the PSP modding community. I’ve just purchased a psp that contains the 3.03 firmware. I dont know if its OE-C or OE-A since the system settings does not display additional information about these extensions. I have been browsing the forums but have not found a tutorial that explains how the 2.1 auto installer works as to how to install the exploit. Do I need to purchase any additional items besides a higher capacity memory card? Im currently downloading the installer. I’ve read that many people have downgraded and installed updated custom firmwares provided by the installer. Mine already is 3.03, do I need to downgrade then upgrade to a custom firmware, or can I just flash over the retail firmware to obtain the 3.03 OE-C or OE-A custom firmware?

Can some one please help me out by providing methods as how they modded their psp and the steps that were taken? I have blurred ideas has to how to mod it but since I’m a newbie to this subject matter I don’t want to brick my psp. Thanks.

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

You will have to downgrade. Get a copy of the Liberty City Stories with firmware update 2.0 on it (unpatched version)or upgrade to 3.50 n get a copy of unpatched Lumines UMD has 3.50 firmware on it (patched lumines are only available in Japan right now
    psp-hacks.com has dowgrade files and 3.50 upgrade. Avoid 3.51!

3. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

I have the 3.03 downgrade. Basically the liberty cities loads the downgrader from a gamesave just like a xbox softmod. After the game loads and have successfully downgraded to 1.50 do I just run the PSP auto installer and let that app upgrade my firmware? The readme file contained within the downgrade zip talks about a 1.50 update then another to update back to 3.03. Are these updates custom firmwares or are they just separate packages that manually allow you to upgrade custom firmware without using the psp installer?

4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

I downgraded my psp 3.03 to 1.50. I want to know is how can I upgrade to 3.03 OE-C custom firmware using the psp 2.1 installer. The installer saved the files to the memory card but how do I run the upgrade?

5. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Never mind, I just ran the update from the psp menu. Thanks.