1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod replacement question.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Annihilon, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Annihilon

Annihilon Guest

Could anyone with mod installation experience tell me how difficult it would be to remove a Neo 2.2 mod and install a Messiah 2 in a V3 Pal PS2? I have reasonable soldering skills but freely confess to being no expert!

2. Annihilon

Annihilon Guest

Well, anyway - thanks for the help!!

3. RavedoG

RavedoG Guest

unsoldering a neo chip a'int that hard but of course you can go terrible wrong... Messiah 2 demands a little more soldering experiance. Be sure to use good stuff ( i.e. a fine tip soldering device, preferebly a device with temp controller)

Good Luck!

4. _Filo_

_Filo_ Member

From my experience just fitting a Magic3.1 to my V3 I would say be VERY carefull when removing wires .. I got stressed halfway and decided to give up (it was the pesky fat wires supplied that gave be problems) .. After a while I decided to go again, this time with extremely thin wire (which worked great).

However, a couple of the points I had removed became tricky as I stripped the tin off and getting a good solder after was a pain.

So, just be extra smooth when de-soldering small stuff which you need to get back on after.

5. RavedoG

RavedoG Guest

ofcourse u should alwas be carefull but if you compare desoldering with soldering (at least when we are talking about ps2 mod chip)u will find that desoldering is a walk in the park