1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod upgrade?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nilotpavi, Jun 19, 2004.

1. nilotpavi

nilotpavi Member

i have been trying to backup my ps2 games

i have used dvd decrypter for read and write of iso
    i have tdk dvd burner (burns +r's)
    i have a neo key mod chip(think that is the name is basically a no solder mod chip but with one wire to solder and makes ps1 games not need a swap trick)
    i have a v6 ps2
    i have a gameshark 2 v2

now almost all of my backups have worked before, this is the first one i was trying to put on DVD (others were rips on cd-r)

the entire process goes off without a flaw during the reading and burning process

when i put my gameshark in and do the swap method needed to load the game nothing happens just freezes the gameshark.

i have read that the slide card/ flip top/ and no solder mod are very close to the same thing

my question is would an upgrade of gameshark fix my problem or would swap magic fix my problem (and if swap magic does it work with my mod chip) or am i going to need to change to a fliptop/ slide card so that i can use swap magic?(i struggled to solder the one wire i couldnt handle doing more so a new mod chip would not be possible right now)

i do not have much money and was really hoping for the cheapest solution possible

thanks in advance for any help

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

a new chip will fix it... or you swap dvd with the dvd backup...

cuz you swap cd with dvd and that dont work... use gs eject insert dvd game for good results try GTA3 dvd game original not a backup... after inserting wait lil bit about 15secs... now heres where you swap.. pick codes if you got any if not then jsut go play w/o cheats... the dvd game will stop spinning... now swap it with the dvd backup... and press X or start to play.. then it should boot up..

3. nilotpavi

nilotpavi Member

Thanks cyprien the boot method worked after i figured out how to get the orig spinning.....i am probably going to invest in swap magic but this is getting the job done for now....thanks again