1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MODBO 760

Discussion in 'PS2' started by maynard1, Apr 11, 2007.

1. maynard1

maynard1 Member

Anyone have any experience with installing a modbo 760, or knows a link for a decent tut? Thanks in advance.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

have you tried the modbo website?
    my real advice is to stick it in the road and let a few cars run over it, then set it on fire and melt it. Then go buy a good chip you will not be sorry you installed like Matrix Infinity Green Dot, Crystal Chip V2.0 or DMS4 Pro SE

3. maynard1

maynard1 Member

This is not the first time I've heard this, are they really that bad? To be honest I have read about 50/50, that it is a clone of a good chip, and that it's crap?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

they are not bad if all you want is to play back up games. They just lach the support, features and updates that other chips will have. They usually run on old, outdated firmware as well.
    Just people want to try doing all the stuff they see in posts like playing back up games with a cheat disc, running a hard drive, playing DVD9 back ups and so on, then come to find that their chip can not do that. The 50% that you read that say it is good are most likely people who bought them and are defending themselves. Most of the reputable installers i know will not even sell them.

If the only thing you want is something that can play back ups, i am sure you will be just fine. The best cheap alternative is a Duo3 GT or Duo3 Gold, which are $20 and are good stable chips. Now they also lack some higher end features and can not be updated as far as firmware, but at least they are a stable and well trusted chip.