1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modchip and online play.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by inertia31, May 1, 2007.

1. inertia31

inertia31 Member

I know its early to say for sure, but does anybody anticipate any problems using a modded wii online.
    Does using a modded wii with wiiconnect24 cause ant problems?

Ive modded consoles in the past, but the last one was the original xbox a few years ago, and I assumed(maybe wrongly) that any console online and connected directly to ninty, would alert them to a moddedm console?

although my supercarded ds is fine.

sorry if the questions are n0obie!

2. 3lement

3lement Regular member

If nintendo doesnt want people to mod their wiis then theyll be able to track it. When you log onto xbox live with a modchip they detect it right away and ban you forever.

3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

That was with the old Xbox! These days, the modders are making chips with a Stealth Patch, so that M$ can't detect us! The new Wii chips will probably come out with something similar to this, just so that Nintendo can't find us!

4. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

Personally, I don't think that they are too concerned about it.

Sure, Nintendo doesn't like it but I can't really see them trying to stop us. Besides, it's a drive chip. Stealth anyone?

Can anyone with a chip try PokeMon Wii NTSC-J out online or does it not have it?