1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ModChip/Backup Issues (XENO360)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by fis2k76, May 24, 2007.

1. fis2k76

fis2k76 Member

I have recently installed a XENO360 into my XBOX360 and everything appears to be fine (i.e. the red light comes on and originals don't boot). But I am having problems getting any backup to run.

I reduced the drive pot to 2,98k which is around the recommended. But when I put a game in it says 'Open Drive' or 'Unreadable Disc'.

I believe the only thing is that it must be some burning process, so here is what I am using.

Drive: Pioneer DVR-112D with box standard firmware
    Media: Ritek DVD+R DL writing at 2.4 speed
    Programs: XBOX Backup Creator and IMGBurn (Latest versions)

So now I am stumped. What might I be doing wrong? I am gonna have to look at the chipping or at the media/burning process?

As a few extras that I feel need to add. The firmware has now been upgraded on the Pioneer to 1.21. (Made no difference at that point)

Plus a decided to do a full verify of the burned disc compared to the image (ISO) file I used. This came back negative (i.e. with errors). So I decided to check some more of the discs I had tried and they did the same. All discs were faulty at about 48% of the way through. My though was that this should not stop the disc booting but should stop it playing properly. So again I am stuck and running on 5 DVD+R DL coaster and 2 DVD-R coasters.

Hope this bit more info helps you help me.

Please I need help.... arrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

are you manually setting the layer break in IMGburn to 1913760 ?
    If not then that is most likely your problem.
    I suggest using IMGburn 2.1 and XBC 2.4 rather than the newest versions as i can tell you with those i have had 100% success rate. But i also do not have a chip in mine. So that could cause a problem too if it is not installed right.

3. fis2k76

fis2k76 Member

Thanks for this info. I have been advised by some other individuals who use the chip that it could be my media. Could you please confirm which media you use. I have been advised to now use Verbatim.

4. djkamoe

djkamoe Member

how do you manually set layer breaks

5. fis2k76

fis2k76 Member

You have to set the manual break in your writing package... in IMGBURN go into your options and under the 'write' tab you can set it there.

Hope this helps.

6. djkamoe

djkamoe Member

....and how do you know where and when to break

7. fis2k76

fis2k76 Member

IMGBURN it does the break of layers via that option.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game

Layer break is always the same so once you set it then the setting stays there and you just keep on burning. And i also use Verbatim 6X max speed DVD+R DL discs and i burn them all at 4X
    when burning choose the ISO file (image file) and not the DVD file. And if your burner can do it also make sure you change the booktype to DVD-Rom (this must be done if you have a hitachi drive, you also have to make sure the image is stealth by using the stealth check feature on Xbox Backup Creator V2.4, not version 2.5!)

to change the booktype in IMGburn click on the little icon that looks like a book, should be near your write speed setting. NOw it will pop up a box with a bunch of tabs. If one of those is the maker of your DVD burner then click that tab. It will have drop down menus there. The first will be what type of media you want to change, you choose DVD+R DL of course. The second will be what you want to change it to, you choose DVD-Rom. After that hit change and you should get a small pop up box telling you it was successful. Now go ahead and burn you game. DVD-Rom is the most compatible format there is for a game console as all original discs are DVD-Rom.

hope that all helps more than it confuses you. First thing i would do is figure out which DVD drive you 360 has.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/488409
    there is a link in that post that will tell you how to check.

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  9. djkamoe

djkamoe Member

theres only a .dvd file and no .iso file

10. fis2k76

fis2k76 Member

I have been advised but not tried it myself that naming the .dvd file to .iso works. Can this be clarified.

One thing I do know is that you should have another file paired with your .dvd file as that file only contains burn info for INGBURN/DVDDecrypter.

I recommend you get this info clarified unless you wish to test it yourself. (I am awaiting some DVD+R's then I can test it).

11. fis2k76

fis2k76 Member

Well I finally got my Verbatim DVD+R DL through the post. Still no luck. The disc churns for a few seconds then either says "Open Tray" or "Unplayable Disc". I am completly lost for ideas now.

I have changed the drive pot from range 3,10k to 2,50k stopping every few times to test. I have been advised not to go lower than that.

Can anyone help?

12. steimy

steimy Active member

you need the ISO file to burn. The DVD file and ISO file are two different things. Unless that DVD file is about 7GB then it is not really the DVD file at all. If it was not an image file i do not think IMGburn would even allow you to load it though.

I certainly would not go messing with the laser, If you back the game up corectly, and you have a good imgae file (which you may not) then it should work on your modded console with no problems. So i would say that either the flash on your 360 DVD drive is not done correctly (if no other back ups work either), or possible the Xeno 360 is not making a propper image file. There is one sure fire way to tell. That would be to download a copy of the game from a reputable torrent site, then burn that to a disc. If it works then you know the problem is with how the Xeno 360 is making back ups. I always use my Samsung DVD-Rom drive in the PC (SH-D162C or SH-D163A) which can be flashed with Kreon firmware and can read a 360 disc and make a proper back up with Xbox Backup Creator.

13. fis2k76

fis2k76 Member

I have tried using an downloaded ISO as I though the same, but it did not work.

Thanks for the info though.

14. steimy

steimy Active member

then i would re-do the flash. If you are burning them like you should then they should work. Unless you messed up the laser fooling with the pots. If originals doen't play i think it is time to send it in for repairs if you did not void your warranty.

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  15. fis2k76

fis2k76 Member

Original play a treat. I have been given another possible problem which I am going to try. Will keep you posted.

Thanks

16. fis2k76

fis2k76 Member

The problem has been solved. It appears that games using a mod-chip require a different patch to that of the firmware updates.

I will write a small tutorial up and post here when completed.

Thanks to everyone for your help.