1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchip boot modes (trying to decide which chip)

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by keefyboy, Aug 9, 2004.

1. keefyboy

keefyboy Member

Hey!
    Been browsing the forum for a couple weeks now, and used the search a-LOT.

I have a question - I was looking at the Aladdin Live chip, since it includes a programmer and is pretty cheap. But I am confused as to the boot process (I'm a n00b!).

So for EVERY time I power on, in order to boot with Aladdin bios on, I have to hold the power button for 3 seconds? Or is there a way to make it "always on"?

I'm asking because I know my 6 year old is going to use the X-Box the most, and he won't want to be bothered with holding down buttons - for him, it's slap the disc in and go!

My PS1 (yeah, it's old!) is that way, just open the top, put disc in, close and power on. Does the Aladdin have an always on mode? I have looked at the X-BIT and the Xecuter 2.3 lite, they both have manual switches which is nice.

Also, I don't really ever plan to ever get on X-Box Live. No Linux, DVDs or anything else. Just burned games, imports, and originals.

Thanks all, the info here is incredible!

2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

No, you have to hold it for 1-2 seconds. It cant be always on, everytime you play a new game you have to do this.