1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modchip check! 300GB hd check! evox ahhhhhhh

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by drevill, Feb 19, 2005.

1. drevill

drevill Guest

ppl ppl ppl i am new to computers but had my xbox for a will now i have been reading up down and around MIRC/xbins looking for that special file called evoX,got a copy from a friend BUT it was an old v1.1 that cant manage a 300gb hd any one that can help plz pm me

grasshopper is thank full for any help

2. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

3. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

4. drevill

drevill Guest

thanks kakeakeai for the help
    so to all who read this now i got my answer thanx to all

5. mdsup

mdsup Guest

it is not the evox dash that determines the max size of a hd...the bios is what you need to look at changing.

6. voltron

voltron Member

i am currently using the evox m8 1.6 bios and it does not fully recognize mt 200gb hdd. What bios do i need?

7. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you can use evtool to edit the bios, then reflash your chip with the edited bios....or you can try m8plus...m8plus should work fine, if not just throw it into evtool and edit the bios.

8. drevill

drevill Guest

so r there any Tutorials on how to edit a bios,i just dont what to go an put that there,put this here an hope for the best then :( mom can i get a new xbox

v1.6
    maxtor 6b300r0 300gb 16mb cache :)
    x3

9. drevill

drevill Guest

So r there any evtools tutorials on how to edit a bios,i just dont what to go an put that there,put this here an hope for the best then :( mom can i get a new xbox witch most likey will be a 1.6b

v1.6
    maxtor 6b300r0 300gb 16mb cache :)
    x3

10. mdsup

mdsup Guest

if you have the x3 bios installed you can edit the bios in x3 configlive...probably have to have a G partition with a 300gig....boot your box into configlive and you can edit the bios right there.

11. drevill

drevill Guest

thanks