1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modchip.com HAVE I BEEN SCAMMED?!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Horizon1, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Horizon1

Horizon1 Member

I knew I should've done more research. So whats the deal with these guys...they never ship!? I havent heard anything from them and its been a week. No emails no nothing! Where are they located?!?!

2. chromdome

chromdome Member

I placed my order on modchip.com in the begining of December 04, it was about 2 weeks before they charged my credit card and I am still waiting for my order, now over a month old. I've sent about 6 emails to them and have heard nothing back. I've read they are located in Europe and take 6 or 8 weeks to send things by post. Post back if you ever get your order.

3. MikE42o

MikE42o Guest

Friend of mine here in canada ordered a lense i think or sumthin from them. Took around a month to get it and he sent over 10 e-mails none got answerd. Try calling them or just waiting it out, u can always place a hold on the payment u got online protection right?

4. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I didn't like what I saw of the site when I checked them out this week. I was in the market for a flip top for my PS2 and I went with http://www.consolesource.com/ They take pay pal so I guess I felt a little better with using them. I just placed my order today so I'll see how long it takes. I got 2 emails from the site right after I placed my order and a Pay Pal receipt.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  5. chromdome

chromdome Member

I finally got my order from modchip.com today, about 6 or 7 weeks after I ordered. Still no answer to any of my 4 emails, but at least I have my merchandise.

6. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Adding to this I have to say consolesource.com was pretty quick. I got my order 1 week after I place it.

7. Horizon1

Horizon1 Member

yup..I finally got my chip 2 days ago. Now I'm gonna install to see if it even works! Thanks for the updates guys.

8. tafdragon

tafdragon Guest

hi i just got a fliptop and swap magic 3.3 from a uk company MemTechSolutionsLtd.co.uk and they were very reliable. my order was delivered in 5 days and it works perfect so far with all games ive tried. its for the old ps2 by the way.

9. paymenow

paymenow Guest

10. e.j.fudd

e.j.fudd Member

i ordered through console source and got mine in respectible time...

11. deep11

deep11 Member

I ordered Slide Card + Swap Magic Combo from modchip.com. It is 11 days since I ordered and I dont have what I need. I paid thru paypal. They wrote back to me saying that they ship using Spring Global Express Mail. My french friend and all the websites have never heard of this shipping service. They wrote me back saying they sent my order 11 days back. What should I do. Wait for months or ask them to cancel my order or file compaint with paypal.

12. mdsup

mdsup Guest

file a complaint

13. tankpower

tankpower Regular member

I also ordered from modchip.com about 2 weeks ago. So much for "4-6 business days" and no responses to my emails either! If it had said "6-8 weeks, sucker" I would have known what to expect.

Do you guys think I should just order from another site? I want my swap magic soon and I'd love to get it now from another site and simply return modchip.com's stuff (if it even comes to my house ever).

What is a reliable site that has shipped QUICKLY so you had your items within a week or so? Any recomendations? Knowing my luck, the modchip.com stuff will arrive right after I pay for the same thing all over again.

14. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

I only order from Divineo.com. I just purchased Swap Magic and slide card for the USA non-slimline PS2 yesterday. They Deliver via FedEx. Paid $40 for the items and shipping. Delivered from Canada to the USA in only 4 days.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  15. deep11

deep11 Member

ok got it in 15 days. maybe the shipping is on a ship :)

16. NewbieOne

NewbieOne Member

I recommend swapnslide.com. Best site in terms of delivery and quality.

17. modster

modster Regular member

strange, I once ordered from modchip.com and my chip arrived within 4 days.

I think some of these places actually order the chip from manufacture after you have placed the order, even though they said that the chip is in stock.

Rule #1 for ordering item on web: Only order from places that is quick in response to your first initial email. And make sure that there is a phone number where you can call them.

18. alex_dc22

alex_dc22 Guest

i ordered the DMS4 E.Z.I. Pro from here and its been about 9 days already...one day late by their standards i guess...since they said 5 to 8 days.. :(
    man i hope i get it in time for god of war :(

19. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

for people who are stuck waiting for their mod chips and stuff, if you think that it is taking too long for your stuff to arrive and the site in question won't return your e-mails then go into your bank and ask them to reverse the transaction saying that you have not received your goods. Bet that'll get the site to answer your e-mails.

20. DB8539243

DB8539243 Guest

I ordered fliptop and swapmagic, on March 4th nothing yet. Should I worry \