1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ModChip doesn't work with all games?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Gaunt, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Gaunt

Gaunt Member

I recently bought Xenosaga NTSC for my modded PAL PS2 which until then was able to play all copied and/or import games using the X-Ploder bootdisk which I got along with the chip. From the boot menue it simply says that the disc could not be read. Some friend of mine said that it was either the Xenosaga DVD that was defective or that my mod-chip is broke or damaged. I'll check on the first option shortly, I hope to find someone with a real NTSC console.

Can anyone give me some input on what to do if I find out that the game itself is ok? Can I remove the old chip and build in another? Cause I don't wanna buy an NTSC PS2, those fusking ripoffs charge like 300 dollars for one.

PS: I don't know which mod chip I have, I'm not the one who built it in :-(

2. billz

billz Active member

watch your mouth. this a family friendly forum.
    the problem is that Xenosaga is a dvd9 and it has a higher toc than your x-ploder boot disk.so while the toc on xploder is 4.37gb or lower. the toc on Xenosaga is about 8.00gb so it can't and won't work

3. Gaunt

Gaunt Member

Will a better bootdisc solve the problem? I heard there is a newer X-Ploder version 2 out

4. billz

billz Active member

i never heard of the x-ploder but i going to say no, there's only a small number of dvd9 ps2 games 5 or 6 that i know about and i think that you have to have one just for dvd9's so it looks like you'll need a no swap mod or trade the game away.

5. Gaunt

Gaunt Member

Hm, looks like I have to go the hard way and spend more cash

Anyway, thanks for the help and sorry for the slipper in my first post, it's just that swearing is a good way to reflect one's feelings :D

If someone has more info on this one please post in this thread

6. Gaunt

Gaunt Member

I think I found the easiest solution

http://www.easybuy2000.com/store/playstation II/game enhancer.shtml

Basically it's a modchip, just without the ability to play burned games and without the need to be installed. It's all software and lets you play original import games.

I have two question though

Can anyone confirm if this is a multinorm tool which goes with both PAL and NTSC PS2s

Does it work with double-layered DVDs?

Thanks in advance

7. Gaunt

Gaunt Member

Can anyone confirm if this is a multinorm tool which goes with both PAL and NTSC PS2s

That question just got answered by myself reading through the description again

Yes, it works with both

*edit* the second question remains open, but I've sent them an email dealing with it and I will give the answer as soon as I have it

Last edited: Jun 30, 2003
  8. billz

billz Active member

your going to run into the same problem the 4.35GB USA SWAP MAGIC DVD DISK V2.0 are smaller than the toc than on xenosaga

9. billz

billz Active member

you'll also have to get the pal vers