1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchip/HDLoader for PSX DVR?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by magus57, Jan 19, 2007.

1. magus57

magus57 Regular member

I was looking around on wikipedia and then on eBay and I eventually stumbled upon this (I realize there are people selling it for less, this is just an example):

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-PSX-DESR-7...LTRA-RARE_W0QQitemZ230072537158QQcmdZViewItem

So I was thinking, that I could sell my modded PS2 for this (I know where to get one for $400-$500). Only problem is, that because it only plays Japanese PS2 games, and Swap Magic obviously wouldn't work on this, is there any modchip that would work on this? Or any version of HDLoader/HDAdvance (since it has a 250GB hard drive)?

EDIT: I'd also like to point out, that calling any version of the Playstation 1 a "PSX" is incorrect, as this is the official "PSX", and the only reason people call is "PSX" is because at the time, PS1 was supposed to (eXperimentally) be able to play SNES games, but Nintendo didn't allow it and ended up just playing PS1 games.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  2. magus57

magus57 Regular member

Bump. Anybody got any info on my question? Or where to ask maybe?