1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchip Help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jonny24, Nov 2, 2003.

1. jonny24

jonny24 Guest

At the moment I am looking to get a Modchip installed in my older PS2 V.5-6 and I was wondering what you guys thought. The only problem is that I don.t know how to solder and no companies near me do it or will post out to me. Any suggestions????

2. salanddaz

salanddaz Member

I personally recommend the Messiah chip, this is after experience with the neo 2.2 which was a royal pain in the ass swaping discs all over the place. I haven't tried any other apart from them two so i can't judge them. Where about do you live?

3. Cloner

Cloner Regular member

hi if your worried about soldering get a no solder v5. Just plug it in and go, you still have to swap tho but it plays dvd and cdr its good apart from the tray opens a little faster and you have five seconds to swap the disc but its easy to do.

4. jonny24

jonny24 Guest

i live in Ireland. I would like something like that DMS chip cos it looks like the buisness but I still am not sure what to get.

5. SillyHats

SillyHats Member

Hey Jonny,

If you're going to actually go for a non-solderless chip, I recommend the Magic V. It sounds like it's one of the best on the market, and mine's worked like a charm so far.