1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchip installation help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Brandon10, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Brandon10

Brandon10 Member

Hey, iam pretty much a noob, and i got one of my friends to install a modchip for me (matrix infinity, on a ps2 version 5/6).

He said something is messed up because apparantly on the mochip there is an "h" location, and no wires go from the "h" location to the motherboard. Can someone please tell me if this is normal? do u need to solder a wire on the "h" location to the motherboard?

http://www.infinitymod.com/matrix/files/chips/Matrix Infinity/V05-V06/USA-v5.JPG

That link is the installation diagram for the matrix infinity version 5 ps2. Thanx for all your help

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

i think i know what you are trying to say... the H and G on the chip dont need to be soldered to the board because they are there for different versions of ps2 (like 39001 version 7). you do not need to solder point H and G to the mother board
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

According to that diagram, it would appear that points G and H are not used for that particular model PS2. I would connect everything else and see if it works.

4. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

exactly what i was trying to say =D

5. Brandon10

Brandon10 Member

Thanks alot for your responses. My friend said the modchip wouldnt work cause he couldnt solder those points together. But i guess there is another reason why it wont work. Thanks alot for ur help

6. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

the modchip should work if he soldered thos 18 spots on the chip to the 18 spots on the mobo.