1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modchip makes brain explode!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Jaysunuk, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Jaysunuk

Jaysunuk Guest

Being a fan of homebrew games/applications on Dreamcast I thought I'd give it a try on xbox using a
    X-ecuter 2.3b Lite+ chip.

Installed it nice and easy, flashed the bios using xecuter 4980 and installed slayers evox dashboard - sorted! not!

Evox doesn't recognise the bios installed or the modchip (even though it must be working to have got that far!)

It has been suggested that I replace the bios with the 4981 version - but I have no idea how to do that :(

I've spent 4 days studying what to do and have basically got it mixed up now and haven't got a clue! I can burn discs, I know how to connect the xbox to pc and can easily FTP between the two - but thats about it.

Can anyone explain how to replace my bios please? or should I just select bank 2 on my chip and install it there - which would appear to be the easiest route

Please help me - I'm useless! lol

2. Jaysunuk

Jaysunuk Guest

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Dont make me beg lol

3. s8nsch1ld

s8nsch1ld Regular member

OK, it's probably not recognising the bios as you need to add the checksum to the evox.ini file (the checksum is the bit at the end that looks like "ROM = 8020.12 ghasdjkasdh")

You may be able to find it on the internet or someone here may be nice enough to give it to you.

If not or you get bored waiting, try downloading the latest EvoX bios and installing that (be sure to get and add the checksum 2!!)