1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchip. Most durable????

Discussion in 'PS2' started by stpt, Aug 27, 2004.

1. stpt

stpt Member

The question about which is the best Modchip has been asked a lot. But is there a most durable Modchip???

Which is the mod chip than 2 years from now will keep working as new, as well as keeping the PS2 in the best possible shape.

Thanks!!!!

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Well... on about 2 years the PS3 will be out so you might wanna consider somthing that will tie you over until you can'y fight the felling to go out and buy the PS3.

What version Of Ps2 do you have?

3. stpt

stpt Member

I have a 5001 4a. It is brand new so i like to keep it that way for as long as possible...

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

How expensive do you wanna go. People here like DMS3 and Matrix Infinity because it has alot of features added to it, like flash upgradable and being able to play divx and such.

I am a simple person and so I don't ever watch a divx or play a media player. I either watch a movie or play a game. So for Me I like the Magic V, Its less expensive and works the same without all the added features.

Your call. Heres a site to read upon it to suit your everyday need.

http://68.2.188.175:8080/index.asp
    http://www.console24.com/
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]new pic coming soon so stay tooned![/small]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  5. topppps

topppps Member

what do you recommend for scph 30001?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ben[/small]

6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Im gonna give you a webb site and see which one you prefer. (this site doesn't mean you should buy from them, just giving an option of modd chip you want, from there we can recommend a shop you wanna buy from depending on you location)

http://www.psxtune.com/psx2/installe.html

As I said before...how much do you wanna spend

If it's for simple play and watch movies then go with a Magic 3.1

7. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

If you are talking about durability of a modchip as for it to keep working over 2 years.Than I would either say DMS3 Plus or Matrix Infinity.I am not really familiar with modchips,but I know Magic 3.1 and Magic V are pretty good chips.The bad thing about this chip which doesn't catch your eye is the fact that it can't be upgraded with the flash.The possibilities of flash are important in a modchip I would think.The reason you flash is to upgrade it to boot newer games or so forth.I would go with the Matrix Infinity,but the DMS3 or DMS3 Plus is probably your best bet since it has been around longer the flaws have been worked out of it.I think the reason I would choose the Matrix Infinity over the DMS3 just becuase you don't have to press a button to boot a game or anything it is just plug n play.The way you use the Matrix Infinity is just pop your game in and it will automatically choose the setting to play the game.The DMS3 you have to know what the buttons X,Square,Triangle,and O do in order to get whatever you want to play.I am not sure on this,but both of these modchips are the same price.If you are gonna get a modchip for your PS2 I would make sure you get the best out since they are all solder mods if you don't know how to solder that is.If you do know how to solder and desolder than I say go with whatever you feel comfortable with.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Just roll an L and pass a incent[/small]

9. topppps

topppps Member

how difficult is soldering?

10. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

if you have to ask that question then you might wanna get someone to do it for you. Your gonna need alot of tools.

The magic 3 is a direct boot also (no button pushing)

As for flash upgrading I have never needed to do this, since their is not one game that I have came across that I could not backup and play.

11. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I have to agree with geestar20 soldering should be done by a more experienced person.If you are just attempting to solder I would say don't do it to your PS2 for beginners.The thing about soldering a modchip is that you should have some kind of experience with soldering.The wires that need to be soldered to a modchip are more than enough for a beginner to start with.The best way to do this is to practice with a messed up PS1 or anything electrical with a motherboard in it.I haven't soldered anything in my life so that is the reason why I don't have a modchip in my system.If I was going to get a modchip I would still want to know how to solder and desolder incase the modchip is not soldered right or if any new update of modchip comes out you could just replace the old one.The best thing to do if you are not experienced is get someone that is a professional to do it.I still want to get a modchip for my PS2,but I don't want to ship my system off to someone that I don't know,and I don't really want to buy a premodded system which is probably what I will end up doing.The thing with getting someone to do it for you is that you are taking a chance with your system and the person doing it for you.I like to know before hand that it will be accomplished that is why I would choose a premodded system over sending my system to a modchip dealer site and having them do it.I have no clue on modchip installs as to where to go and what would be the best,but I would make sure it was done right.I think the Magic chips aren't bad at all.I am just saying the DMS3 or the Matrix Infinity would suite me since I want to play Dvd9 games and would probably mess with all the other features on the modchips I mentioned.

12. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

you can play a dvd9 game with any mod chip. The reason for a mod chip is so you can play a backup. there is no restrictions of a mod chip beside's a feature.

Hey -L-Burna- pass the L not the incent
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]new pic coming soon so stay tooned![/small]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004