1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchip not working

Discussion in 'PS2' started by holts, Jan 30, 2003.

1. holts

holts Guest

I am starting to get a bit pissed off now I bought a magic 3 installed it myself ps2 v4 it played my originals and dvd s no problem but when i put a backup in i get the red screen asking for ps2 format disk, so i thought i will order a new one and try it, it is 2.40 in the morning now and i just finished installing the new magic 3 and guess what i still get the same red screen where am i going wrong all my connections are good and i tried thicker wire for 5v and ground i am totally lost please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ps2 schp 30003 with 8 screws and a caution warning this a v4 right??????????
    I forgot i never briged the gap for the s connection i heard it is only needed for ps1 games could this be my problem.?????????????????????

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2003
  2. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

3. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

holts,
    Check to see which V4 you have - Gap or No Gap. This might be your problem. Because there are 2 different ways of installation depending on your V4. http://www.modchip.ca/install/ps2/magic3/magic3.php - Go here and and download and un-zip the 2 diagrams and see which is yours.

4. holts

holts Guest

It is a v4 no gap i tried to install the chip again still no joy still the red screen begining to think my v4 does not want a modchip inside it

5. holts

holts Guest

Can anyone be certain that this is not a media problem

6. holts

holts Guest

anyone

7. dbzbru

dbzbru Member

Hey man try using Alcohol 120% FIREBURNER DOESNT WORK and Nero express doesnt work ..

8. jr_

jr_ Guest

Get a DVD-R backup from someone to try or try one of yours on someone elses modded PS2. If you don't know anyone just order one from the web. Then you can rule in or out your PS2 as being the problem.