1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ModChip on PS2 Silver/Aqua and NEW PSTWO

Discussion in 'PS2' started by fishboner, Oct 21, 2004.

1. fishboner

fishboner Guest

What version is PS2 Silver or Aqua. I am Buying a new PS2. Which one Should i buy. Black, Silver, or Aqua. Will the new THIN PSTWO support modchips and should i buy that.I am not a final fantasy fan anyway. Please help me make my decision.

2. FreddyK

FreddyK Member

As far as I know the only difference between them is colour. I the black one is older, then the version will probably be different.

As for the new PSTWO. I've seen the photographs of it and it will probably be a B#$%^ to mod!!! Not impossible though...

I personally would rather go for the old looking PS2. Chances are that Sony had would have ways to prevent modding etc. But thats just my personal opinion...

3. mad89

mad89 Member

yes i seem to agree with FreddyK...

the new one is nice and all but would be a tough one to mod... but not impossible...

you have to take into account that if its harder to mod then you will be paying more for it to be done...

also, the old ones are in fact better as, they have a larger cooling fan... a good thing to have for all hardcore gamers who play 24/7

really it all comes down to your personal opinion, if u like the new slim ps2 then buy it...

but im my opinion, stick to what you know, and that is the ORIGINAL black ps2... and a v9 or v10 if you can find one...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2004