1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MODCHIP ONLINE

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Cryptix, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

I have an older mod chip, i think, and if i try to go online with an original game it says i get a dnas 402 error , i read up on it and its because the ps2 is detecting the mod chip in my ps2 or whatever. my question is, what is a good mod chip that will boot both backups and original games online? also were can i buy it? im in canada so a canadian store would b nice if any one knows

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Matrix Infinity is an excellant chip. You can switch it off to play originals online, and it will play back ups online that have been DNAS patched, though it seems more games are becoming impossible to play back ups online with the new security checks. . Cant help you out as to where to get one in Canada i'm afraid, as i'm in the UK.

3. vato_loco

vato_loco Regular member

where in canada are you

VatoZ

4. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

Ontario, i can order online tho so it doesnt matter, i just dont want to get hit with the charges for shipping over the border and currency, any site in canada with a good reputation that sells the matrix infinity would b great
    thanx

5. redx101

redx101 Member

check otu this site it looks iight:http://modchip.ca/ hope this helps. ;)

6. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

i was looking at matrix infinity site and it says chips with the "Actel" thing on them are fakes, is this true? because www.modchip.ca has Actel on its matrix infinity

7. redx101

redx101 Member

I'm sorry i cant help u there

8. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

have you bought ne thing from modchip.ca or did u just search for it?

9. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

matrix infininty will allow me to boot up with the backups in my ps2 and play online with them?

10. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Yes after you patch them, but more games are becoming impossible to patch.

11. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

after u patch them u mean DNAS patch them... also i was on ps2ownz and DVDrick has this thing to patch Killzone so u can play with a swap magic disc... looks pretty cool i might just get swap magic
    ne thoughts on SM?

12. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

like wut is the best method to play my backups online

13. punx777

punx777 Regular member

matrix infinitys kick ass;)

14. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Mod chip is by far the easiest, and the Matrix Infinity is an excellent chip. Only thing is though, how long before all back up games no longer work on line.

15. teggy

teggy Regular member

There will always be away. Think how easy it is to modify $ony's consoles... eh generates interest and then bam they make up cash from game sales with console sales as they are easily modified.

Ppl will find a way and it won't take long, the PS3 may be harder as the game discs 'Blu-Ray' are supposedly 54gb, according to OPS2M UK.

About patching DNAS, Socom 2 is the only game I have heard that will not play online with a DNAS patched backup. But newer games like Killzone work like a charm, so never lose faiths in the techies... There is always a way!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  16. jor5dan

jor5dan Member

im new to burning ps2 dvd games and i was wondering if anyone could help me with this dnas patch backup thing. i have dvd decrypter and i know aboout the mode-iso-read and write stuff, but were does this patching stuff come into play. if anyone has done it before could you tell me how to do it step by step if possible i would really appreciate it.

17. teggy

teggy Regular member

http://www.ps2nfo.com/on-line.html

That should give you all the help you need, use the disc id insertor method. Also, you only need to patch DNAS if you intend to play the game online.

18. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

alright im going to order a matrix infinity from modobots.com, can any one point me in the direction of a site explaining how to install the matrix infinity on modobots?

19. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

can ne one give me a site on installation instructions for matrix infinity

20. punx777

punx777 Regular member

you can look on norcalmods.com