1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchip or Swap Magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by allenjw84, Nov 27, 2004.

1. allenjw84

allenjw84 Member

I need help deciding if I want to buy a modchip or use Swap Magic. I am pretty confident in my soldering skills, so installing the modchip does not scare me, but I heard you can't play PS2 games online using a modchip. So what is better, the modchips or Swap Magic? Also, what are some of the best modchips, and if I use Swap Magic, should I get the slide
    card or use a flip top?

2. KabawL

KabawL Member

Pros and Cons...

I have a Swap Disc, and it works pretty swell with the slide tool . Also, you dont void any warranty if you PS2 gets wrecked.

Once you open your PS2 for the mod chip, your warranty is screwed. (I have a friend who has a mod chip and he told me I should have gotten a mod chip but I dont have a problem with the not being able to start up.I have a problem creating the back-ups. Whole Different story.)

Swap Disc take longer to start up because you gotta wait for it to say Insert Disk, Slide tool to open tray, swap the disk, slide tool to lock tray, and press X to start up the game and there you go.

You have to un-screw the tray face plate using the swap disc. (Its only a first time/one time thing.)

With the mod chip you gotta open the PS2, wire here, wire there, blah blah blah...

You just pop the game in and start it up like orignal games using the mod chip.

Thats all I can think of for now, tired...ZZZZzzzz...