1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modchip question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Kevenater, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Kevenater

Kevenater Member

I know there is not a "BEST" modchip. But I've been away from the scene for awhile now. Not familiar with new modchip features and capabilities. I have softmod right now and a new 750gb hard drive, but i'm having problems locking it with xboxhdm so I'm looking to buy a modchip. Always wanted one anyway!!! I'd just like to know which chip seems to have most features and is most popular right now. Thanks for any recommendations!!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

DuoX2- stable and simple chip with just the basics. It will give you all the normal functions that a modded Xbox will have for a low price of $20 (plus install)

Xenium chips are more top end and have some higher end features

Xecuter 3CE are also said to be one of the best, with some higher end features.

http://www.teammodders.com/store/xbox/
    you can read up on the features of two of those three. Any mod chip store online should have a feature list for the chips.
    If all you want is something to play back ups and do the normal stuff you already do with your softmod then save your money for a good install and get the DuoX2 chip.

3. xboxvirgi

xboxvirgi Member

hi i just bought my very first xbox and would like to know how to soft mod it , i know nothing about the xbox and could do with some help please , thanks .

4. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.teammodders.com/forum/xbox-tutorials-f45.html
    plenty of tutorials
    You need to find and download SID 4.5 and AID 3.1
    (Softmod Installer Deluxe and Auto Installer Deluxe)
    You also need an orgiginal copy or one of the three games mentioned in the tutorial (Splinter Cell, Mech Assult or Agent Under Fire)
    not the platinum hits addition.
    Other than that SID and AID will come with a PDF file that explains everything. I did my first one about 3 weeks ago and it was easier than i though. Although i still prefer mod chips as swapping a hard drive is way easier with a mod chip.

5. xboxvirgi

xboxvirgi Member

thats great thanks for your help , do i still need to buy the action replay disc and where can i buy it in the uk , thanks

6. steimy

steimy Active member

you need AR Max only if you are softmodding, not with a chip.
    Other reason would be that you like use gamesaves, other than that AR Max is pretty usless on Xbox.

7. xboxvirgi

xboxvirgi Member

hi there , thats great will try and find somewhere on net to get sid 4.5 and aid 3.1 from , thanks again .

8. steimy

steimy Active member

isohunt has them i am sure (if you know anything about torrents)

9. xboxvirgi

xboxvirgi Member

isohunt no sorry i dont know anything about torrent , can you please tell me more info thanks

10. steimy

steimy Active member

xboxvirgi, check your private messages as i can not really do it here in the forums as some things may be against the rules.