1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modchip solder doesn't stick

Discussion in 'PS2' started by buu2, Dec 9, 2007.

1. buu2

buu2 Member

Hi. I have a duo 3 ultra. A friend and I tried to install it today. We both have some, albeit minimal, experience in soldering. The only document for installing is the one included, the one on the duo3 website, listing the different points and where they should go. Despite countless searches, I can find no pictures of a completed duo 3 install.

The problem we ran into is that section five, the 4 strips, don't stick. The solder just wont stick to the circuit board and balls up. We cannot figure out how to solder it in and get it to stay in place. Please help.

-Ari

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  2. KMK

KMK Regular member

You need to use solder flux. It's sold at radio shack. Just take a toothpick and put a small amount on the point your going to solder. Its also good to dip the end of the wire in flux as well then touch it to the soldering gun(that has some solder on it). This coats the wire in solder. Hopefully you didn't get too frustrated and didn't leave the soldering gun on the mb for more then 2 seconds. Good luck!