1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modchip Store m3 Platinum Combo

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by babramson, Jan 24, 2007.

1. babramson

babramson Member

Did anyone order this yet? Does it include 2 Micro SD Cards? The description says it does, but there is nowhere to select which cards you want.

Anyone have any problems paying with a money order?

Please resond to babramson101@yahoo.com

Thanks,

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

This the one?

It has the MicroSD card option to the right of the picture at the top of the page (two drop down lists, one for slot-1, one for slot-2)

EDIT:Also, you should remove your email address, it is against forums rules to post it (plus spam bots will be all over it)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  3. babramson

babramson Member

Yes that's the one, but the drop down makes it more money, even though thie listing says it includes 2 Micro SD cards...

Thanks for the heads up about the email.

4. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

its an option, go with 'no thanks'. you can probably get them cheaper and they send transcends instead of kingston i hears.

i ordered this. i paid cash. took a while........ to process.

5. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

Are you happy with this setup, maybe I should get this too. Any problems so far?

6. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

very happy, everything works. only problem is microsd's can be very expensive at retail. the m3 lite perfect's interface is fugly though try finding skins on m3's site. to play gba roms, you have to load the m3 simply, slect slot-2, press 'a' for any prompts, press 'start' to boot in gba mode. then select the games. slightly cumbersome, but you could not have the simply in slot-1 and forego the double boot for gba games and choose the m3 from the ds menu.

i keep a 1GB sandisk microsd in the simply and a 2GB sandisk microsd in the m3 lite. this is because there is no way of having the 2GB sd come out with the cart inserted. which makes me wish there was a clasp over the sd slot on the simply... just in case. i use the m3 lite for gba, media playing(mp3s, dpg format movies, text), and some homebrew. this is a great setup so far. the simply has dsorganize and moonshell for text(faqs) and file browsing(renaming, editing, moving) respectively (dsorganize can't recognize the characters in the japanese-english faqs although it has a .txt editor). it also plays nds games exclusively. keeps things simple(pun not intended) and gives me plenty of room for games. also, the 2GB one has all the same files as the 1GB minus the games (but still has the .sav files). again, just in case.

7. babramson

babramson Member

How long did it take to process from the time you sent the money to receiving it.

Also do I need 2 Micro SD cards, or can I swap them out depending on whether I use the simply or the lite?

Thanks,

8. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

the simply won't work without a microsd (so don't even try, possible bricking aka make the ds a nice paperweight unless you have the know-how...), so you can't get to the nds interface of the lite from there... you'll have to manage with just the gba interface of the lite if you only have one microsd. but yeah, they are swappable. just make sure to keep all the necessary folders even if it won't work on the other. good thing i back up all my stuff... >_>

9. babramson

babramson Member

Thanks for letting me know. I'll just go ahead and purchase 2 cards. Once I receive the item do I just follow the install directions from the CD. Are there any additional directions I should be looking at to set it up?

Thanks,

10. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

just follow mr_hanky's guides for em. he has all the install info and such. also, the cd's will most likely come with old firmware installs. so, you'll have to get them off the site directly.
    the site is: m3adapter.com
    choose slot-1 for the simply>
    -slot-2 for the lite>
    >go to the downloads section>>
    >>download the install package in preferred language (should be the top-most download section). or just whatever files you think are necessary in the lower sections. you'll understand what all this is later.>>>
    you could actually do these steps before you get the products to save time. download rate was like 3 kbps from site... a readme is included in the packages on what you need to do also.
    >>>after you have everything, just drag and drop what you are told to drag and drop.
    i believe that these are...
    simply:
    anythig beginning with "_DS..."
    "moonshl" folder
    lite:
    bootloader file named updagcsd.e31 or so... don't really remember... notice the sd file says sd in it. and he cf file (do not use) says cf in there.
    the lite's install can later be removed. the simply's need to stay, so i just made them hidden.