1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchip - To Fix Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by observent, Mar 4, 2007.

1. observent

observent Guest

I just bought a solderless mod chip with the xapter everything i need for the mod,and i have xbox error 16 and thats why i bought the chip because people say that chips can fix the errors if so can someone explain to me how my chip can fix xbox error 16 :)

if this doesnt work im out 90$ XD

P.S i have no eeprom backups or any other backups at all

2. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

You've got a dashboard error of some sort. If you can get your chip to read, then you're in the right direction. What I mean by that is your xbox will go to a bios screen not related to xbox itself when you power up. If this does go in that direction, you need to flash your tsop data to the chip and it is labled as retail kernel, and then you need a bios flashed to the chip like m8, and then an installer disc like slayers.

3. observent

observent Guest

Oh ok well i dont have the stuff yet i dont know when it will be here but if you know exactly what to do get back at me :)

4. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

First of all, all u need to do is take some time and do some research on the internet to find these items. A: A reliable bios file for the modchip, i.e. (M8 Plus) B: A hdd installation pack boot disc i.e. (Slayers evox Installer). When you get these, get back to me.