1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchip V/Magic Pro/Messiah 2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by _D3DAiM_, Mar 31, 2004.

1. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

According to modchip.ca the Magic V kicks the crap out of any other modchip: http://modchip.ca/products/ps2/magicv.php

At modchip.com there is a Magic Pro modchip, this seems to be pretty new, but it supports all the versions PS2s. What else is so special about this modchip?

Also, at modchip.ca, it says that they are ganna replace the messiah 2 witha magic V, why not a magic pro???lol, please help me find a good modchip. Also, does this magic five have better performance than a dms3?

2. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

I can only tell you about the Magic V. That is what I have. It works great. It boots everything directly and it's easy to use. All you have to do is:

1)Open CD Tray
    2)Insert disc
    3)Close CD Tray
    4)Press Reset

3. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Messiah 2 Pro is also great, plays like an original.. no mess, no fuss.

I would suggest you make a note of which version your PS2 is. I know some modders don't like chipping v1s as they tend to have more faults.

Luckily my v1 hasn't had any probs yet. So remember to check with them before you send your console.

4. hitman1

hitman1 Member

can anyone tell me what the difference is between a messiah chip and an apple pro chip? They both seem to do the same thing but the apple chip is cheaper. My friend actually has an apple pro mod installed, it's been working pretty good for over 2 months.

5. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

I used to have a V4. It f*cked up and about everything is bad on. I've been talking to Cyprien and I'm probably going to get a V9 Magic 50k premod.

http://www.quick-mods.com/ps2/ps2premods.php

I Magic 50k is the same thing as a Magic V but it's made for the V9 correct? Does it have any more/less features?

6. MrX8503

MrX8503 Member

hey i'm the webmaster of www.quick-mods.com

the magic v and the magic v50k both have the same abilities.

magic v50k is just made for the v9's, while the magic v is made for v5-v8.

If you have anymore questions about our business, or just modchips in general feel free to email us at sales@quick-mods.com

7. MrX8503

MrX8503 Member

No Solder=May be a cheap/easy method, but it will lack many abilities that a soldered modchip will give you. Plus its more hassle in the end.

In my opinion, the best chips are the magic v's and the dms's, everything else is trash. But if ur strained for money, the magic v's give you more bang for your buck.

BTW, the Matrix Infinity is also good, u should check that out. all version compatiable, all auto boot without selecting a boot mode, and upgradeable cd firmware. Costs the same as the dms,

One last thing, users with V1's. Inevitably it will break down. All v1's-v4's have really weak lasers that will eventually break down over time no matter what. If its modded, doesnt matter what kind of chip you have in it or who installed it, it will strain the laser even more shortening its life span. Basically your gonna have to replace the laser or the console down the road sometime.

8. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member