1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchip with circuit bypass avoids Bann

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by KSD22, May 17, 2007.

1. KSD22

KSD22 Guest

Got a Xeno 360 Modchip and I'm not banned.
    Couple of things to remember if your gonna mod never ever touch the orginal firmware always go chip over softmod and always always install a bypass switch.
    And never play copied games online, only use orginals and keep the copied for single players and crappy movie games like Spiderman and Superman.

Peace.
    Now the end of softmod era, welcome the hardmodders get those soldering pens ready

2. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

haha very funny!! go online with that chip and a backup lets see what happens!

and xtreme 53 ms28's are all good!

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  3. KSD22

KSD22 Guest

LOL Lucky I was smart enough not to do that. Been modding consoles since Sega Saturn with the old light switch, I've always preferred hardmod over soft.
    Now it's been proven softmods are for noobs. Best thing to do is dump your system to some chump over Ebay and by the new NME 1.3 with auto detect and ether bypass circuit.

4. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

ur so smart! softmods can play offline with their consoles and they don't use live since they have no originals!! so the modchip is useless unless you can play a backup there!

5. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

MS aren't stupid. They know their console better than the hackers. They will ban everyone in the end, regardless of what chip or firmware they've got.

6. KSD22

KSD22 Guest

Yeah but I don't need a second system now just to play online. Do I?
    Honestly half the games I play on Xbox 360 are offline, like I may buy 3-4 games a year that I play online while all the rest are FREE.
    Honestly playing copied games online is just dumb, it's so easy for them to find out and it's always a matter of time before the axe comes down.

7. KSD22

KSD22 Guest

Impossible a chip can be turned off via a hardwired switch when a chip is turned off it remains dormant doesn't draw power doesn't load a firmware. Unless MS has psychics working for them it is scientifically impossible to ban a Chipped Console with a bypass switch. Unless they break down your door and open your console.

8. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Sorry, what I mean is that if anyone tries to think they'll be able to play back-ups online, then they'll eventually be banned no matter what approach they use. I know that with a chip it can be turned off. They have the advantage of at least being able to play retail games online whereas the firmware's won't.
    I also think the chips will be better in the end, as from what I understand, wonders like XBMC on the XBox1 are only possible with a chip.

9. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

can't they send a signal through it to see how it responds? they probably can! but i kind of get what you mean with the switch! when off the chip doesn't exist.

10. KSD22

KSD22 Guest

Thats what I'm saying the world was tricked into thinking that a soft mod can get past MS, there is no way any mod can allow you to backups online without detection no way. Thats why mod chips exist they allow you to save money on non online games while allowing you to play online with your originals.

11. modster

modster Regular member

hey boo boo let's go and download Halo 3 beta boo boo.

But Yogi what about the MS? Forget about the MS boo boo. I just flash my firmware back to its original firmware boo boo and go live and download Halo 3 boo boo!

Wow, yogi it worked! it worked! We are not bannned!

Ofcourse boo boo!

Yogi are you smarter than an average bear!

cheers

12. zensaber

zensaber Member

so flashing my fireware back to the original will fix it then? I have not been banned yet or have been on live in about 4 month

13. navsav

navsav Regular member

Yeah I agree with some of the posts that people have to relax. Yes I loved live and its going to suck not playing with some of the cool folks I have met.

Back in the day the only reason to mod was to play a copied game - period. There was no live service. So really that was just an added bonus to something that was already pretty cool. So if you want you could sacrifice the few games you play online and start playing the potential 100 plus games you have in your collection. God the only game I finished story mode in was Gears and R6 and I have all the other games - now its time to finally start practicing some Forza, and man others and start having friends over to my house to do some mad party games and sports games.

So I'm about to finally try playing Prey since I never really tried that game - normally there is no way I would have done anything else then play another level of LVU campus in rainbow 6 in order to rank up so I can can unlock some stupid pink camoflouge outfit!

14. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

Softmod flamers should chill because softmods did have a good run and it took them this long to "Crackdown" on the firmware hacks. I had my firmware hacked for the sole reason of making backups of games I own to prevent the original from being in harsh condition. I give credit to the firmware hackers because they gave microsoft a decent run. I needed a reason to buy the black xbox 360 anyway plus it's cool that I can still use my xbox live account with the achievements I got from the past. So all in all it sucks if mommy and daddy is your only means of fundage. But for those of us who work for a living, no problem a couple of checks and saving we will have fresh 360's in no time. I look at it like I had a car for a year and a half and I had to replace the motor. Cost me 400 bucks and I'll be up and running in no time. EASY!!!