1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchip World?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by MODSAN, Jan 9, 2007.

1. MODSAN

MODSAN Member

Hi, on December 29th, I placed my order for a premodded Gamecube to www.modchipworld.com
    I chose their website because they were the only one out of two websites I found on Google [aside from www.xbox-modchips.com, whom would have cost more to order the same thing and I've read bad reviews about them anyway] that actually sold premodded Gamecubes.
    Today, over one week later, I still have not heard from them. First of all, I login to their website daily to see if the 'pending' status of my order has changed, so far, it has not. I called them twice, only to get a machine, leaving me no other choice than to leave a message, which I did. Twice; in which I clearly stated my name and phone number. They have not called me back. I also sent them a long email asking them to please let me know what is the hold-up and why I haven't received any sort of tracking number or shipping notice.
    I am becoming quite impatient with these people. I'm wondering now if I should cancel my order; and even so, how would I go about doing that, if I can't get in contact with a live person? Is there any other way I can contact them? Also, is there a better place to order a premodded Gamecube? Help!

2. gamefan11

gamefan11 Member

I am having the exact same problem as you, and placed my order a few days after. I read so much credible things about the site, which is why I placed an order for a pre-modded PS2 in the first place. I of course did the research before, and from what I read, ModChipWorld is a reputable Company, and so many customers are satisfied with them. I hope I get a call back or e-mail myself soon, as I am starting to worry now, after reading this.

3. MODSAN

MODSAN Member

Doesn't the Modchip World site seem to be down now...?

4. AAmerican

AAmerican Member

I sent back my moded PS2 that I got from Modchip World about 2 years ago after talking to them on the phone in the middle of December 2006. They asked me include a check for $125.00 for the repair and would not have it fixed until about Jan 2007. (Very Busy) I called about Dec 18th and was told that I made the check out to the wrong company and that they would call me for a credit card number after the unit was fixed. I said just send back my check with the fixed unit that that time. I have called and emailed several times with no responce. Are they out of business? In trouble with the law? Sick or dead? Please help me if anyone has any information. They have my $300.00 ps2 and I would like to get it back (fixed) ASAP.

5. MODSAN

MODSAN Member

I've given up on Modchip World now. I managed to speak with one person awhile ago during one of my daily calls to them [I usually get a machine saying leave a message or the inbox is full]. This person said they'd have my order shipped out last week. Upon a later visit to their site, my debit card was apparantly rejected by them. I don't understand what the mistake was, I had more than enough in my account to pay for the GC. It doesn't matter now though, I'm going to try with another company. I'll let you know how that experience turns out. Man, I had no idea how difficult it would be to get a modded GC...

6. diableria

diableria Guest

modchip world stole my money they are thiefs

7. jg404

jg404 Guest

The same go for me too. I ordered my on Jan 4 and still no word or nothing. You would think they would send an email or something (shit man the email is still free).

8. MODSAN

MODSAN Member

Guys go ahead and cancel all your orders on Modchip World... I found a place that's the real deal. I ordered my modded GC from www.teammodders.com and received it, working, and nicely packaged, in a matter of days. Not to mention, it was much cheaper than it would have been from Modchip World. They carry modchips, have install service, and have premods [like the one I got] and are totally reliable. So if you don't want to waste time and money, get your stuff from Team Modders.

9. JustW8ing

JustW8ing Member

I ordered 2 modchips from modchip world on 01/02/2007. Was pending till 01/08/2007. Since then it's been processing. It's 01/30/2007, how long does it take to process an order? I live in the US and recently ordered a book from Singapore, I had it in exactly 3 days! I've emailed modchip world with no reply, also called the 866 number and the most you can do there is leave your name and number. I'm very unhappy with the customer service because there is none!!

10. Hert13

Hert13 Member

I placed 2 orders at modingmaniacs.com and received them both in under 48 hours! I recommend them, especially if you're in Canada!

11. JP83

JP83 Member

Don't order from modchipworld I heard they committed some fraud trying to get away with it. Probably tried to cheat on their taxes.

12. JustW8ing

JustW8ing Member

After more emails and more phone calls, finally a response!!

"Our reseller modchipworld has told us to notify you of this. Your order will ship ASAP (within 2 weeks). Modchipworld is currently going through an upgrade and your item will ship ASAP."

Thanks,

Team X

(As referred to respond to you by modchipworld).

Hmmm...I wonder? Not getting my hopes up yet.

13. JustW8ing

JustW8ing Member

WOW! Now a phone call too!!! Supposed to ship friday.

14. diableria

diableria Guest

they are making up for allthe money theyve stolen

15. JustW8ing

JustW8ing Member

Still pending. Modchipworld.com really sucks!!!
    Order placed 01/02/07.