1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by eoghan, Feb 2, 2004.

1. eoghan

eoghan Member

I have neo2.2 8 wire installed with action replay version 2 I have tried alot to get backup games going
    mainly DVD put can not seem to get it going..I am thinking of writing it off ihave spent a bit on buying wrong versions of action replay etc im thinking of purchasing a new chip with no swaps. Does anyone have any suggestions on what chip they think i should get bear in mind I found it very difficult to solder the 8 wire neo 2.2 chip so am I thinking the 32 wire solder etc would be too much...does anyone now where in the uk and ireland would do this professionally for me or know of any easy
    eliable chips to install
    cheers,
    Eoghan

P.S If anyone had good experience with the neo 2.2 post maybe figure out what im doing wrong

2. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

I had a Matrix MXL installed about a fortnight ago (North East of England). So far it's excellent, plays everything it should:- -&+ dvdr (movies & games), ps1 backups, ps2 rips on cd-r & ps2 reality player. Cost was £50, but got £15 off for part exchange of flip-top & swap magic discs. £35 total.

Dene

3. zerogod

zerogod Member

the magic V is a good chip in my opinion... try modchip.ca to get it... 23 wires to solder.. or u can get the magic V clip that cuts down the hard solder points, and ur left with the easy ones...