1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ModChipGuy.com

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Dartchen, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Dartchen

Dartchen Member

Been surfing this board for awhile trying to find a safe place to buy a premod PS2. Finally took the leap and ordered one from modchipguy.com. Got it 4 business days later via USPS priority mail no problems. Brand new PS2 w/ the network package (think he called it a PS2.5 on his site) w/ a DMS3. Works great. Highly recommended so far as its played everything I've thrown at it.

2. bddarkman

bddarkman Regular member

did it have the updated ps2 the one without the ilink next to the usb plugs,

3. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

how much u get it for?

4. djillini

djillini Regular member

xteammods.com is also excellent...i ordered a premodded ps2(dms) & received it in 3 biz days after he received my payment. Excellent customer service

5. psx245

psx245 Regular member

djillini you are lucky, i ordered mines from L-dubb on 6/26 and he hasn't even shipped mines yet.

6. Dartchen

Dartchen Member

It was more expensive than some of the other places I looked - $350. The thing that caught my eye was that his web page stressed it was new and not refurbished and then the fact that it was a 2.5 which I had no clue what that meant until I got it and compared it to my old PS2. There is a jack next to the USB ports that says S400. Assuming that is the ilink. Probably want to write him and ask if you're looking for a different version. He responded to my emails within a couple hours both times I wrote him.

7. djillini

djillini Regular member

psx245...L-dubb is a great guy & has great finished products...just a little slow. Xteammods(johnny) is a little bit more pricey but it is all worth it. He guarantees the system will be shipped within 24 hours after he receives payment...& is always sending out emails with the status of the order...So overall paying an extra 20.00-25.00 is alright by me because of their outstanding customer service & the super fast shipping....but hang in their L-dubb will get you your ps2 as soon as he can...i know it can be tough waiting because nothing really beats ps2 gaming!!!...Happy gaming

8. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Yea xteammods is great. I ordered a new v7 ps2 with magic 3.6 from them. It worked great! Also Johnny was very helpful. He answered all of my questioions everytime i emailed him. Best service that u can count on.

9. slh

slh Guest

I ordered mines from L-dubb on 7/2. He hasn't shipped mines either.

10. Rob_22

Rob_22 Guest

mod chips mess up your ps2 and make you fart and get constipated. fart fart...wet fart everywhere.

11. Nickelo

Nickelo Member

When you purchased your pre-modded PS2 from modchipguy.com, how much was it? Did that price include shipping?

Also, what exactly is this PS2.5? Thanks for any help. Anyone else had success with a particular site?

12. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Xteammods, and u do have to pay shipping for them to ship the system bac to u.

13. mjelwood

mjelwood Guest

I would have to say I should have went with modchipguy.com. I went to http://internationalgamingworld.com/ because i read on here its the best and most reliable. I must say, having ordered it on 6/26 and sending about 5 emails to the guy, calling him on his cell phone. First of all, he NEVER replyed to any of my email.. second when I called him a week ago he said he will get them shipped out ASAP. Anyone else have a bad experience with this guy? I would highly recommand against ordering from him.. Im out $350 bucks with nothing to show..

14. djillini

djillini Regular member

Don't worry you will eventually get your order...L-dubb always comes thru...

Nickelo...the ps2.5 is what some people are calling the recent ps2/network pack.

15. psx245

psx245 Regular member

i know why he took so long it is because he was wanting for the messiah 2 pro to come. there was a drought of messiah 2 pro's!!!

16. slh

slh Guest

I sent L-dubb my chip for him to mod it for me. He got the chip on 7/2. He sent me an email on 7/10 saying he will send it out next day. I asked him for the tracking number on 7/14 but he has not replied my email as yet. I'm sure he has been bombarded with the emails from all these people. So I don't want to send him any emails. He doesn't reply them anyway. Just give him a break and be patient. You will eventually get yours. This is what you have to deal with when you try to save $20-$25 buying from him.

17. yashiro

yashiro Member

I ordered my premodded ps2 from l-dubb, guesss what! I received my system after 1 month :( yes, you can say he is reliable, but takes very long and send him 10 emails and only reply one.

18. psx245

psx245 Regular member

i know!!! im dying to get my system!!!

19. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

Hi, im ready to buy a premodded ps2, with the messiah 2 in it.(i heard it was the best)From this page i have read that modchipguy.com and xteammodes are very good. Who else has had experience with the guys? Which one should i choose? Thanks.

20. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

I got mine wit xteammods! Best service ever. Answers all of ur emails when ever u email them. DO it wit xteammods and u won't regret it. Got my system in a few days!