1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchipinc.com question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Siraris, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Siraris

Siraris Guest

I have read some people have ordered from modchipinc.com and recieved their orders, while others had problems. I ordered 2 Magic 3.1's last Wednesday, and wrote them emails asking when it would be sent out and if I would get shipping info and whatnot... never heard a word back from them. I've been writing once a day, and they say they will get back within 24 hours, but never do. Is this place trustworthy? Is there anything I can do, or can someone shed some light for me? They don't even have a phone number... I was thinking of cancelling and ordering from Easy2000 or something.

2. bddarkman

bddarkman Regular member

If you used a credit card then you can always call the card company and protest the charge if you dont get the chips.
    paypal you can complain but not always easy to get refund.

Some pepole say easybuy sells clones and have poor support,I never orderd there so i cant say for sure.

I orderd from modchipman.com was at my door in 3 days.email was sent to conferm order and shipping same day.

3. bddarkman

bddarkman Regular member

WHY did pal get underlined and linked ??????

4. psx245

psx245 Regular member

thats odd. 2 month ago i ordered a no solder modchip and got it in 5 days and they gave me the tracking number right away and everything works great.

5. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

is modchipman.com relible, has anyone had personal experience with it? I'm going to order a premodded ps2 with a DMS3 2.0 installed in it.

6. Siraris

Siraris Guest

yes it's reliable. They do not respond to emails, but it works. They are clones of Magic 3.1's though. They work fine though :)

7. Nickelo

Nickelo Member

What do you mean by clones of Magic 3.1?

It says on their site that they use only REAL DMS3 2.0 chips.

8. ps2cheeta

ps2cheeta Member

I buy a bunch from modchipman, especially his magics. One day they were all on one sheet (40 on a sheet) then the next week they were individually wrapped separated. I asked him what the deal was (since the new ones didnt have the v1-v7 on the top) and he assured me that he purchases them from china-magic. He said and I have others who are close to team magic saying that china-magic doesn't make the chips anymore, they just flash them for 2 particular companies who produce the chips. So, in essence, there doesn't seem to be any "REAL" magic anymore, all clones. I think the team is getting back into the game though, with xbox chips. But I'll tell you that the magics that modchipman sells work great, no problems on any of the games that clones have problems on. Thumbs up