1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modchipkits.com? ps2 covers?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by remmi7, Dec 22, 2002.

1. remmi7

remmi7 Guest

hey all i just wanted to know if anyone has bought from modchipkits.com, are they a good place?? and another does the ps2 cover with the magic boot discs work?? anyone use this method?? is there a better place to buy the ps2 flip cover and magic boot discs??

2. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

PS2 flip cover cases and swap disks suck. I'm not saying this because I sell premodified systems and install chips, but I'm saying it because it's the truth. If you're looking for reliability then buy a chip and get it installed by someone. If you're looking to play russian roullette then go for the swap disks. There have been comments about the swap disks not working with newer games. If you wish to contact me about getting a chip installed in your system do so through AIM - Supleh2, or by e-mail, BanditBackups @ BanditBackups . com <--- take away the spaces before and after @ and .

3. remmi7

remmi7 Guest

i think ur just sayin that cuase u have a poorly desigend website and are just lookin for business, has anyone else used this method before??

4. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

The site is under construction, but please, if you wish to insult me, go right on ahead. Like I said, I'm not downing the flip cover because I want business, I'm downing it because it is a flawed idea and the swap disks are poorly designed. Most of the newly released games are not supported by swap disks. Just to show you that I don't care about getting money from you, I'll refer you to get a modchip installed by www.modchip.ca.

5. remmi7

remmi7 Guest

the reason why i dont want to buy another chip is becuase i bought one form www.modchip.com or www.mod-chip.com and i had it sodered in by someone who knows how to soder. the chip didnt work, not to mention it came like 2 - 3 weeks after i odrdered it... so i thought the flip case and boot discs were a good idea. anyway wat chip would you reccomend that is easy to install? the external neo key or no solder chip? or something else

6. sykochin

sykochin Member

Suple is right. Magic 3 is the best, there s no swapping. I did it three times already. It works great. I think the guy who did it for you was not really good.

7. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

I really wouldn't suggest any no-solder type chip because personally I can't stand using the time and energy to swap when I have the ability to not do so. It's very possible that the chip you received was bad, or the installation itself was bad, did you have trouble returning the chip? www.modchip.com and www.mod-chip.com overcharge and don't provide too great a service, although several people say they are prompt and courteous, we all have different experiences. Get a PNP no-solder chip. You can get one for like $40-$45 and gameshark for like $30. But if you dish out a little extra cash you could get a no-swap chip installed with a full warranty on all parts and labor so if you have trouble down the line we fix it.

8. remmi7

remmi7 Guest

ok so i should buy magic3 and have a professional install it for me?

i live in NY, USA where would be the cheapest and best place to send it to, to get this chip installeD??

9. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

I'd like to say I have a decent price. Do it for $100 + shipping, chip included. Normal price is $120 but you seem skeptical so I'm here to prove myself ;).

10. remmi7

remmi7 Guest

so 1so $100 for the chip and installation, how much to ship and where can i get more info

11. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

$17 for shipping, systems arrive within 2-5 days after being chipped. You may e-mail me at BanditBackups @ BanditBackups . com or e-mail me at Phone @ BanditBackups . com for my number so you can ask any questions you may have.

12. BurnChamp

BurnChamp Guest

He has bad customer service, so don't count on a reply. I personally would not give the possibility of getting riped off.

13. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

LOL! Burnchamp has gone to every post I have spoken in and made this childish comment. He has NEVER spoken to me, nor has he EVER ATTEMPTED to do so. He doesn't know what my customer service is like at all. I gave him my e-mail addy, my AIM name, offered my phone number, and still he wouldn't even try talking to me, he's just too scared he'll hear what he likes, deep down inside he wants his PS2 to remain unmodded.

^----^ LOOK MOMMY, I CAN COPY/PASTE JUST LIKE BURN"champ"

14. BurnChamp

BurnChamp Guest

^----^ LOOK MOMMY, I CAN COPY/PASTE JUST LIKE BURN"champ"

Do you really want to send your ps2 away to some guy like this?

I wanted to give to other people some advice and you freaked out.

15. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

You didn't give advice. You spoke without thinking and without reason, you have never even spoken with me.