1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded 360 drive wont open

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Dat1boi, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Dat1boi

Dat1boi Member

I didn't mod it myself but I bought it pre-modded. I opened the drive to change games and it opened with no problems, then when I pressed the button to close the drive, it wouldn't close. I put a little pressure on the drive and then it closed by itself and the game worked perfectly, but when I tried to reopen it wouldn't open.

I contacted the guy who sold it too me and he's pretty good with the inside of a 360 so he may be able to fix it, but I figured I'd ask her first to see if anyone has heard of this kind problem with any drives.

2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

It's a very common problem with 360 drives and PC DVD/CD drives in general. A simple fix is the always keep a disc in the tray and it'll open each try and just close the drive by pushing the tray close. The trick to getting it open in the first place is forcing the tray open with a paper clip. To do this remove your faceplate. Then straighten a paper clip. Stick the paper clip in the little hole right below the 2nd X where it says Xbox 360 on the DVD tray and it will open. You can assist the process by hitting eject while you do this or just pull it open with your hand once it's out a little bit.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  3. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Wow, the 360 has so many problems..I hope i never run into this issue, it sounds really annoying. Hopefully the next Xbox that comes out doesn't exhibit these types of probls.

4. Dat1boi

Dat1boi Member

Thanks for a quick fix answer. I honestly am glad I can now at least change games, but is there any long term solution to this. This situation SERIOUSLY sux bawls.

5. sahiljit

sahiljit Regular member

try restoring the original firmware see if it make a difference then try to flash it again