1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modded great, now nothing

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hmania39, Oct 2, 2004.

1. hmania39

hmania39 Member

i just modded my ver. 7 with a magic 5 chip and was working great for about 3 days. then my kids went down to watch a dvd and were about 5 minutes into the flick when the dvd froze and then went to no a/v
    now it won't boot up at all lights all still come on but no boot screen any ideas what controls that. would that be the bios chip. any ideas would be appreciated. maybe a lifted leg on the bios chip.
    thanks for any info

2. TheAssman

TheAssman Guest

I got an idea. Let a pro install the mod next time. I had to learn the hard way too. Im sure YOU think youre a pro but believe me, let someone who installs mods ALL THE TIME do it for you. Sorry about your bad luck. Join the club. The good news is that PS2's are probably cheaper now than when U got yours. LMAO. BIAAAATCH!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2004
  3. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

work about 3 days? Did you try taking the modchip out and see what happen then?

if it's not the modchip, your motherboard on the ps2 could be damage from the heat coming from the soldiering. check the motherboard if everything is loose, dirty, iron leftover from soldier... i hope this help.

4. hmania39

hmania39 Member

well thanks a lot assman for that very useful information. i never said i was a professional however i have modded successfully over a dozen units. i have bought several ps2 for cheap that were trash and brought them back to life and although not a pro by some considerations i'm sure i can do a better job than you. thanks for the useless response, i undertand your nick now, except for man on the end it should be hole

5. hmania39

hmania39 Member

anyway i took out the chip and did some resolder to the bios pins to make sure none had lifted, and all works again, so now have to re-chip and see what happens. thanks