1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded my PS2... now it doesn't work

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by mbeezy, Nov 26, 2004.

1. mbeezy

mbeezy Guest

But all hope isn't lost! It worked for quite a while, perfectly. Then, it started to get some read error, so I would tap the PS2, and it would read normally again for a bit.

So, I decided to open her up again and try to clean the laser, and also tighten all of the ribbons going into the disc drive. When I put it back together and hit reset, I got a red light on that button. Black screen. Also, the door open button isn't working.

I do NOT think it is the modchip, as I was careful with the ps2 when I opened it, and it worked fine. Help!

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Check make sure one of your modchip connections hasnt worked lose and is shorting out somewhere. Ive had that before.

3. mbeezy

mbeezy Guest

Tried your suggestion, all the connections are still active. Damn! I had a modchip problem before, and it ALSO resulted in a black screen. However, this is different because the tray won't even open at all.

4. Ecin

Ecin Member

my ribbon cable is messed up, so i have to move it around for me to eject or turn on the PS2. The red light and green light alwways work. The blue light only works when the buttons work. That's when i adjust the ribbon. Also b4 turning it on with the button it will only show a red light, whether the ribbon is working properly or not.