1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded... Now what???

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Kafluke, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

Okay so I modded my slim line with a matrix infinity and put it back together... now what?? With xbox's and gamecubes you have to flash the bios. Do I need to do that here??? I can't beleive that I can't find a decent tutorial on this mod??

2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

nevermind.. I figured it out. It comes in homebrew mode default and I had to flash it with the latest firmware from the site.

3. mart1ster

mart1ster Member

Hi there do all modchips need to be flashed, i got a duo 2 it reads originals but not imports or backups, where did you find the software to do it ?
    thanks mart

4. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

mine is a matrix infinity and they provide the software for that chip on their site. I am new to the ps2 scene but have been very active in the xbox and gamecube scene for some time and yes.. in those cases, you always have to flash the chip after you get it. That's how those companies remain legal. They provide the chip not the illegal software.

5. mart1ster

mart1ster Member

Thanks bro but the duo 2 chip i got worked, just dident know you had to boot it up differently to normal games "i.e hold the reset buttion until the blue dots come on screen". i find it strange that the chip was never flashed, be honist i dont like the ps2 scene so far, xbox is harder to when it comes to flashing bios and dashboards, but ps2 is harder to solder the chips in and thay seem kinda filmsy like there gonna brake just looking at them, i dont know about your chip, but there not enuff info/tuts on the duo 2.
    Thanks for the replay, mart.

6. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

you cant upgrade duo 2

7. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

Man, I'll say! I found a million great helpful sites and tuts for both xbox and gamecube but finding help for ps2 was like a needle in a hay stack!