1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modded ps2 online

Discussion in 'PS2' started by squizzle, Nov 20, 2004.

1. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I have a v4 modded ps2. I tried to go online with a backup of Mortal Kombat Deception and I couldn't. I know there is something special you have to do, but so far nobody can explain it in a way that I understand. So I am asking if anybody can help me out with a step by step method from beginning to end on how to do it. I read through some of the threads already and didn't find anything that helped me.

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

The game needs to be patched with a DNAS ID code to be played on line. Trouble is, if your PS2 has a modchip, if you have to disable it to go online so you wont be able to boot the back up anyway.

3. zerogod

zerogod Member

yea u can. i backed up tony hawks underground 2, and nhl 2005 and went online wiht them no problem after i patched the dnas and burned them...

4. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Do you use a modchip to boot them? Sorry if i've given dud information, I was under the impression that DNAS would detect your modchip and kick you out.

5. shinji2k3

shinji2k3 Member

Thats Xbox live, the reason for patching with DNAS is so that it wont kick you out. PS2 Online cant detect your chip, just a wrong DNAS if u didnt patch it.

6. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Oh right, thats the reason I haven't backed up any online games. I was under this impression because if I try to play my original SOCOM2 on line, and dont disable my modchip it kicks me out. But you say the patch stops this happening? I'll give it a try.

7. shinji2k3

shinji2k3 Member

wont happen at all, the online protection kicks u due to something it doesnt find in the burned copy of the game, not ur mod chip, mod or not, ull be ok.