1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded PS2 Slim, too sensitive when swapping discs

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by cosmonkey, Oct 7, 2007.

1. cosmonkey

cosmonkey Member

Ok, so my old PS2 dies and I got a PS2Slim and modded that. It works great, however, Ive had problems recently when I try to swap discs.

First it was like this, I would load swap magic, then when I open the modded flip top, it would act as though I opened the actual flip top. So to get around this I tried running games while leaving the modded flip top open. This sort of works, but it still acts like Im opening the ps2 when I swap discs.

So, is there any way to force my actual lid to stay down or what? Where is the sensor at that the PS2 uses? If I know that I can just stick something down there so it doesnt know I open the lid, or doesnt register it at least.

Well, any advice is appreciated, thanks.

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

3. cosmonkey

cosmonkey Member

Thanks, the front sensor seemed to be the one that wasnt being pressed all the way. a little bit of tissue paper, and now it works fine.

4. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Thats great... glad its working for you. I know the first time I put in my magic keys, I had to reposition the front sensor and the brake one.