1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded PS2, Swap Magic, and DVDs

Discussion in 'PS2' started by leunm, Jan 10, 2007.

1. leunm

leunm Member

Sorry if this is a strange question. I have a PS2 slim, with a modchip that doesn't support both NTSC and PAL games. I have some PAL games that I don't want to re-burn by using the PAL2NTSC converting program. I found that Swapmagic will let you chose between PAL and NTSC boot, so I managed to get myself a CD version of Swap Magic 3.6 (I do not have the DVD version, one that works at least). I then found out that the CD version can only boot CD games and not DVDs (duh!), is there any other way to boot my PAL DVD games (i.e using some homebrew)?

Another question is similar, I got myself AR Max EVO, CD version, and comes with PS2 Reality Player. I boot it up, load the player, but it wouldn't read by DVDs which I have all my divx stored. Is there any other way to play my divx files on my DVD through my ps2?

From these two experience, am I correct that if I boot with a CD, I can only swap it with a CD, and the same for DVDs?

Btw, I use a USB stick and Swapmagic 3.6 CD version to load my elf's.

Thank you in advance helping me with these questions.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, Swap Magic CD is for CD games only. You need Swap Magic DVD.
    And note that even with that you are going to have some screen
    cut off when playing games from other regions due to the conversion.
    They do have PS2 media players out there that will play DivX
    http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=media.html
    there is a link to SMS media player