1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded PS2 with dead laser: please help with USB Hard Drive

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ritekgirl, Apr 20, 2007.

1. ritekgirl

ritekgirl Member

Thanks in advance for any help to this problem. I've searched the forums and the web but can't seem to find the specific instructions to what I want to do: Boot in dev2 mode directly to the USB HD There are vague references that this can be done but nothing about what files I need to put on the HD and how to put them on. And this is where I stuck...... because.........

I have a V13 Modded PS2 which can boot to both DEV1 & DEV2 mode. I had it modded about a month ago with the plan of attaching an external USB Hard drive to store the games. I'd downloaded the stuff I needed but before I got a chance to install what I needed on the HD, the laser has died. I'm going to return it to the modder in another month or so, but unfortunately I live 4 hours away and can't get it there any sooner.

In the meantime I was hoping I'd be able boot directly to the USB HD via DEV2 mode. Unfortunately I'm confused as to what files/file structure I need to put on the HD to do this, AAHHHHH if only the laser had worked for one more disc!! I'd also considered FTPing to the memory card, but again I'm unsure exactly what files to send over.

I've been trolling these forums and the internet for the past 2 days to find an answer to no avail, so I'd really appreciate any assistance.

Ritekgirl
    XBoxes are soooo much easier to mod!!

2. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

I think so you have to make a folder called "BOOT" in your USB HD(Formatted to FAT32) and place the ELF that you want to boot from it in it Named as "BOOT"(So it will be BOOT.ELF).