1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ukgtitch, Mar 1, 2007.

1. ukgtitch

ukgtitch Member

2. ukgtitch

ukgtitch Member

Any confirmation would be appreciated.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

If it is the fat version and not the slimline then yes. Although that is the cheapest and worst system you can use.
    http://www.memtechsolutions.net/index.php?cPath=1_2&osCsid=8dc9a3dbf7ee401896e673ce177cfa9a
    fliptops are much easier to use, you would of course still need swap magic, and if you have a warranty you would have to void it to install.

For the slimline they make fliptops or things called Magic Keys that you ise with Swap Magic.

then there is the best but most expensive option, having a QUALITY mod chip installed.
    http://www.memtechsolutions.net/pro...d=158&osCsid=8dc9a3dbf7ee401896e673ce177cfa9a

4. ukgtitch

ukgtitch Member

Yes i have the fat version so your saying the slide tool isn't great and doesn't work well compared to others? and it doesn't matter about voiding.

Is it easy to fit the flip top and how do i find out what version PS2 i have? thanks!

5. ukgtitch

ukgtitch Member

Can any one tell me if the SLide tool is worse than any other method (meaning.. doesn't it function as well as others e.g. playing less games) thanks!

6. Josho2

Josho2 Member

SwapMagic and the slide tool is good, it's just the most awkward to usem, and can wrek your PS2 gears. Fliptop is easy to install, and it's great, but the best would be a modchip, simply put the burned disc in and play.